Funniest/most ridiculous dealer replies you've ever gotten

Oh 100%

Any publicity is good…

1 Like

I guess stuffing LS or SBF into dead imports was too mainstream?

1 Like

Unfortunately, this was a phone conversation, so no screenshots.

A sales manager last night tells me, “Sir, let me tell you, I am one of probably only 6 to 8 people in the country who can calculate a lease by hand. And every online calculator I have ever seen is off by $70-$100.”

2 Likes

That sounds like the kind of person that would say “I’m one of only 6 people that can calculate a lease by hand and I assure you that msds don’t save you any money compared to using it as a down payment. Just look at the monthly!”

5 Likes

He might also be saying “I’m so tired of people sending me calculators with double-counted incentives”

1 Like

This could not be any more true. I also end up having luck working the ISM sometimes, as they are more likely to communicate through email or text instead of resorting to the “come in and we can work on the deal” line. I figure that the ISM’s job is to work with customer via modern communication methods (email, text, and phone call).

Perhaps, but that’s the kind of bloviating that I’d only expect from someone totally full of it

I wasn’t going to post this as most would find it to be a typical FCA experience, but the experience did not stop after I indicated I was no longer interested. I had a solid deal lined up on a Gladiator, everything checked out except the MF which they insisted if I qualified for tier 1 I would get the base rate. Long story short I did qualify but they marked it up anyways after I bit the bullet and sent in the credit app. Took an 8% discount to 2% & after expressing my frustration and specifically stating that they lied to me they politely told me they gave me base MF but have a right to mark it up and they gave me a deal by not marking it up as far as they are allowed to do so. I explicitly asked numerous times “if I qualify for tier 1 will you mark it up?” & was told I would get the MF I qualified for.

Fast forward a month or two and I received a letter in the mail - not sure if it was generic or actually written for just me, from the dealership. It went on to say that they could not provide credit on the terms I requested or my credit was denied (is wasn’t). They sell or lease vehicles on credit only if the 3rd party bank will agree to buy the contract from them on terms that are financially acceptable to the dealer. However in this instance they regrettably could not do this.

This is all fine (and expected), but I’ve never received a letter like this before. Typically I just move on and let the dealer know I’m no longer interested and that’s the end of it. To me this seemed like a “cover our a**” type move, but thats just me.

Damn, that is a jerk move. I’ve gotten that letter … I think twice before? But it was AFTER a deal was done. One time I called about it and they said “oh, its fine, that happens sometimes because we submit you to multiple banks.”

Just got this in an email after manager refused to honor their advertised dealer discount.

“We will just have to pass on this transaction, I don’t want you to feel like you didn’t get the deal you want.”

Damn! You are noble, Mr Manager!

" You know what I’m gonna get you next Christmas? A big wooden cross, so every time you feel unappreciated for all your sacrifices, you can climb up and nail yourself to it. " --Lloyd Chasseur

EDIT: Oh, darn, I almost forgot! During our exchange, he also claimed that, in order to get the national conquest and regional conquest, I would need 2 separate non-GM leases in the house. LOL.

1 Like

Getting a lot of that in Illinois

Any time you are not offered the most favorable credit terms based on the contents of your credit report, they are required to provide an adverse action letter.

I recently got one for the CPO I financed with BMWFS in December.

I did get the best rate (0.9% for 36 months) but they were also offering “no payments for 3 months,” but they didn’t extend that part of the offer to me. My first payment was due 30 days after delivery.

The adverse action letter I received had the dealer’s return address information, but it appeared to have been prepared by Experian, which is the bureau they used to decision my credit app.

It’s not uncommon for compliance-related matters to be outsourced like this.

1 Like

Flew in to SoCal to pickup my car two years ago.
Dealer (maybe owner) “Why are so many Asian guys from San Jose buying up our cars, you might have bought the last one, corporate will require us not to sell out of region”.
Me: “Oh, so what is the geographic limits?”
Dealer: “from just north of San Diego to maybe Fresno”

I have never been able to confirm this, but a buzzkill nonetheless when I got my new ride, maybe some subtle racism. :unamused:

4 Likes

“I like the deal but my calculator is off”

2 Likes

The worst part about all of this is that THEY ARE GOING TO CLAIM THE MONEY! AND YOU WILL SEE IT ON THE REBATE DISCLOSURE FORM AT SIGNING! You already obviously know what’s going on, do they think you would just let that go if you agreed to their terms?

2 Likes

With a skill that limited, he should be able to predict next month’s RV, MF, and incentives :laughing:

3 Likes

I mean, I said that with my most recent lease. Turns out I was correct and they fixed it, because they forgot to change it back to base MF

I am glad it worked out! That wasn’t meant for you directly…just the nonsense customers I get sometimes.

not a reply, but the usual marketing emails

It’s also very important that we communicate with you in the best form possible. How would you prefer to interact with us text messaging, Facetime, Skype, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, Google Hangouts or LinkedIn?

So literally all of the media platforms but no email?

1 Like

I’d like the dealer to only communicate via TikTok duets

8 Likes