Funniest/most ridiculous dealer replies you've ever gotten

I guess I’m missing it but I don’t see what is funny and/or ridiculous about that exchange.

I mean this isn’t the first time we’ve seen dealer add-ons, doc fees, or an advertised price on a dealer website that doesn’t match reality.

At least the sales guy was polite and mentioned once or twice from the beginning that it looked like they couldn’t make the numbers work.

2 Likes

It’s always FCA dealers for me. Last time I walked in to LOOK at a gladiator, my salesperson - 10 words info knowing me - asked if I or my dad wanted to do a credit app…

1 Like

yea i don’t think the salesperson is the one being an ass in the conversation

not matching an advertised price is one thing. Having a button that says “take this deal,” then submitting license, insurance, and credit app only to then be told they won’t take the deal they offered to you is a very different thing.

Of course I could have just left it alone and let them continue to bait people, which they’ll do anyway. If he would have just said it was a mistake, that would have been better than continuing to try to blame the math and/or the numbers. Or said “hey we want MSRP PLUS.” The games are what makes almost all exchanges discussed here ridiculous.

And, still, even more ridiculous to me is total lack of customer service. When a customer comes to me with a similar situation, here is what I do:
“Our website has that? Let me look into this and get back to you.”
… “wow. You are right. That is a mistake, and I am going to work on getting that fixed. We can’t honor that, but I spoke to my manager, and here is the discount we can do, and we’re going to give you these add-ons at cost and cut the doc fee in half.”

Here is what I DON’t do:
“You are doing it wrong. Your numbers are wrong.”
… “Oh, you’re right? Oh well, you’ll still need to pay MSRP plus full add-ons and fees.”

4 Likes

You are the only one here to stoop to name calling. Sooo…

you posted a sales guys name and tried to dress him down here unsuccessfully. not sure what you’re trying to accomplish here. anyways not sure why i bothered posting.

Neither am I.

Some folks apparently found it successful. You maybe are the guy or know the guy is my guess.

But if you enjoy the games and you don’t mind having accepted deals revoked or changed, I have no idea why you’d be on this site in the first place.

1 Like

They always have an asterisk with terms and conditions that list the missing terms. Having these numbers listed without said disclosures and then adding them in after taking a credit app is asshatery at its finest (and possibly subject to a false advertisement claim).

2 Likes

Where’s that alfa romeo thread LOL

1 Like

We don’t need to offer base MF or our BMWs that much since there is only 2 dealers in town, and I can get the volume I need without offering much of a discount. (Sales manager at the BMW dealer I test drove my M340i at ,where their first great offer was a marked up MF and $1480 in ‘preferred customer’ discount)

Seems like a reasonable explanation to me.

Sounds more than reasonable to me, sounds like good business.

2 Likes

It’s an american car thing, hear the same stuff with fca, ford, and briefly at the beginning thinking about an lt1 I worked with a few gm dealers.

They are basically trained to talk you into coming in and making sure you are qualified/not a tire kicker, my simple response is I know the car in and out, credit is not a problem, let’s just get down to the numbers you can put me through directly to your sm or play messenger to us, but let’s get down to the deal.

That cuts 90-95% of the bs away, some dealers just don’t care either way.

I have run into this as well, but usually when shopping the hellcat they don’t bother me much once they figure out all my questions are about the deal and none of it about the actual product, when I inquire about scats a few times helping friends I have run into major roadblocks and pushback, so I’m assuming they know whoever is gonna grab their flagship is not f*cking around and everyone else is “sub par” credit… fca dealers are downright frustrating to deal with at times.

2 Likes

You’re interested in Hellcats?

Yes! We talked about this in pm lol… I think :thinking:

Been shopping for a while, have a quote on a redeye order at 9.7% dealer discount but theres basically a stop on charger orders for this month, dealers have no allocations for redeyes.

The regular charger hellcat is late availability, all available non redeye hellcat engines are going towards the trx and durango.

1 Like

I just saw a TRX today. It looks mean, then again living in PA I do see a ton of trucks.

1 Like

Just a different beast, I have driven one already :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:, a truck should not feel like that. Absolutely mind blowing for a truck to do 0-60 in 3.5ish seconds.

1 Like

I still think they a missing an easy win by dropping the Hellcat engine into a Pacifica…but that’s just me…

3 Likes

I’m still stuck on making wagons cool again, right @perdana?

2 Likes

I got the same response from the BMW dealership - the screenshot posted above. It seems they don’t consider the dealers in the neighboring city could be their competitors! That’s where the brokers on this site come in to help --win /win situation.