Funniest/most ridiculous dealer replies you've ever gotten

LE??? For over $30k? FML… I have a price anchoring issues Corolla LE being $190 lease…

2 Likes

First mistake right there.

7 Likes

@Lvs23 it was ridiculous. I thought they were joking but they pulled out the price sheet and were serious. And honestly their lot was completely empty, not a single new car. Just a few used ones.

@max_g Definitely a mistake. Unfortunately, I don’t have a car right now and desperately need one. I was happy to pay MSRP or even slightly above it but these dealers are straight up greedy.

2 Likes

If you desperately need one, lease Corolla from @Jrouleau426, he has Corollas at $250.
Still cheaper than what was offered:)

Corolla is in a very commodity-like segment. Why not look at what else is cheaper to buy like a Elantra, Forte, Rio, Accent etc… outgoing 2021 Civic if there are any left.

Look at the Marketplace section; for example:

That’s a misleading title on the Marketplace. 3K DAS+ brings a Civic LX over $300+

Try 350 these days…that’s tac tags fees inc. 250 was without that.

It’s like Home Depot lumber. I can’t update my thread to keep up with price increases…

1 Like

WTF :flushed: ok… I’m out of this crazy market​:joy:

3 Likes

@Lvs23 Yeah with the shortage that Toyota is facing I don’t expect to find a cheap Corolla unfortunately. And I’m actually looking to buy/finance because I plan to keep this car for a while as I plan to move around a lot due to work. The market is crazy indeed.

@max_g I have really been looking into Elatra’s but everyone is charging $3K-5k over MSRP. Someone even told me getting a Sonata cost them the same as an Elantra.

Try to take over someone’s lease originated prior to current conditions

Can you drive stick?

That’s not a bad idea actually but my concern is with the mileage limit unfortunately. I’ve really been looking into the used car market but it’s also a nightmare. I’m also in NYC where everyone has gone mad.

@max_g Embarrassingly I cannot drive stick. But I really appreciate you finding this.

Nothing to be embarrassed about. Thought it was worth a shot.

Reach out to the following Kia dealers about an auto Forte or Rio: Nutley (NJ); and Abeloff, Murray and Sussman (all PA).

1 Like

I appreciate the details. I will definitely reach out to them and look more into the Kia Forte (looks reliable and relatively low cost).

If you were going to buy a car, than why be concerned with mileage anyways on a Pre existing lease? Buy it out at the end. Still cheaper than current used car market.

I really don’t want my current car. Especially because I share it with my Dad who will need it more since he’s going back to work. Not sure if the buyout price is a good one (It’s a 2019 Honda CRV buyout is $19,400) and I think I’ll have paid a lot more than it’s worth.

WTH?

I was about to share this withe individual looking for a cheap lease for their niece…

So what happened when you sent the screenshot?

Yep I think it’s 750 over msrp for now until inventory picks up

2 Likes