Funniest/most ridiculous dealer replies you've ever gotten

They ended up honoring that price, but with the “out of state fee” there was basically no discount

1 Like

How is their reply ridiculous? When you get 10% off MSRP cause the market dictates that is that ridiculous? I’d assume you’d say no. Now the market is dictating MSRP or a premium. Nothing ridiculous about that it’s called supply and demand. We all learn this in elementary school.

2 Likes

Maybe the fact that it took them 3 days to have a price sheet sent over, had to ask multiple times for it, be told that I’m lying and to send screenshots of their own website?! you seem to have missed that part.

Fair enough, don’t give a dealership discount just keep it at msrp like 90% of the dealers, instead of coming up with a ridiculous $2500 out of state fee… crisis averted

That is their way of saying we don’t really want to sell you a car but we will if he have to.

3 Likes

The Big Lebowski Walter Sobchak GIF by PeacockTV

1 Like

Stopped by a local kia dealership already knowing that nothing good would come of it. However due to no one responding to emails and the fact that they where on the way . I decided to hear how bad of deal they can give me . Considering the fact that I already had an offer on k5 lease from different dealership and had my numbers written down .
There was a salesperson who back couple years ago sold to my now wife but back then a girlfriend a Kia soul , he even drove all the way down to Brooklyn ( from central new Jersey )with papers .
I asked the for a quote for k5 lsx 12/36 . ( They had some in stock )
They come back with 3000 down ( excluding taxes and fees ) and $480 a month .
I asked for a break down just to see the whole picture . Instead of breakdown they comeback and offer to lower the monthly to 450.
That’s not what I asked for …
So I pressured again to give the breakdown and told them that I know what MF and residual value is and just want to see the actual numbers.
After 10 minutes they comeback and asked what my target was , so gave them full breakdown at MSRP and said that other dealer can give me that . And just asked again to see breakdown of their quote .
So 5 minutes later ,
Sales manager comes and trashes other dealer saying that they where lying to me there will have hidden fees and that their numbers are impossible to match, there for it’s fraud or magic ( his words ) . He then added that for the numbers I gave them ( meaning DAS and monthly ) they can offer me a base Kia soul in red color or may be if to add another 1k they can do base front wheel drive Sportage . Lol
So in the end I never actually saw a breakdown . Just thanked them and walked away .

I end up getting a way better deal on Mazda 6 instead of kia thru a broker I found on here .

3 Likes

Mentioning “other dealership” sounds like a good path for many of them to deflect their own bad deal and start trashing your deal. If you kept “other dealership” out of the convo they would have had to defend their own deal.

1 Like

Not many dealers will furnish a breakdown immediately upon a request at the dealership.

At least you got someone to talk to you, last time I visited a stealership I literally wasn’t even greeted by anyone or asked what I was looking for, everyone in the place gave my mom and I the cold shoulder, we were willing to get a car from them but they were being absolute A-Holes and so my mom and I left, I wrote a review of their place and of course someone tries messaging me and asks what went wrong. If anyone wants to know the dealerships name it’s Circle BMW in NJ.

2 Likes

If you think that’s bad, you should see the notes in CRM.

Insert rude euphemism for buyer who won’t pay asking price brought in quote from bottom feeder store with expectation to match”

1 Like

Yeah, I’d love to see such notes… I’ve been trained anything left as a comment anywhere (especially CRM) could be used against you/company. Still remember days when Wall St brokers were referring to thing they praised and sold as “crap” privately in emails which later on ended up in the news.

3 Likes

Many of my friends including my spouse don’t always agree with me but my 1 rule of negotiating is I never provide competitors’ quote to another to match.

I always go in with full disclosure, i have other offers, i am not going to tell you that offer as it’s not fair to the other individual, but I’ll be honest with you & if your offer beats theirs & it is in the range i expect to be in, i will sign right now.

Do the same if I’m negotiating via email/phone.

Some dealers/sales ppl see that I’m serious other still continue to play the usual back & forth to Manager’s office game etc.

The ones who don’t play the game usually end up getting my business cuz they provide their best price & experience.

1 Like

Absolutely , True that , but the way they where acting , a little too arrogant and there keep asking how did I get my numbers , they forced my hand .
Plus I was their consumer before besides my wife, I got optima from them way before and my parents got two cars from them , and two of my friends bought their cars there from my referral( long before I knew about leasehacker ) so I gave them some business, they knew me and just wanted to see if I will ever come back there to do business , the answer is no . :joy:

That’s exactly how they derailed the convo but insisting on that info rather then keep on explaining theirs😂
Deflect😂

I have never mentioned who specifically gave me a quote and didn’t specify a place , because it would be pretty bad if they knew what dealership it was . There is about 4 dealerships in the area and it was not a local one , so they can only guess that’s pretty much it .

Again it was a mistake telling them that, may be , but , but this tactic worked for me before . That’s I got good deal on optima year and a half ago in different dealership by straight up asking if they can beat a price . However market was different back then .

Lol yes that exactly was their tactic on me .
Honestly it was very hard not laughing , specially after offering me base Kia soul and telling how it’s a way better car then k5 with a straight face . I don’t know if there where trolling me by that time or not , but sales meneger did write down all numbers by hand down payment and monthly it did seem he was very serious about them .

Broadway is missing theirs stars😂

2 Likes

I wasn’t saying it’s a bad tactic, on the contrary, probably the most used method out there.

I was just saying what I prefer partly because I have been in sales & always hated it back then.

1 Like

A few months ago when I was looking for an A5 for my bro, I asked a local Audi dealer if they can match or beat the broker deal. They said they can’t so we went with the broker.

Soon after, I received a call from the dealer who was livid. Turns out the car in question at the dealer was same car the broker was offering. Obviously there was no way I could have known this. The dealer told me there was no way they could do the deal, but we had already paid broker fee and were assured the deal was on.

Fast forward a couple hours and I get a call from broker saying car was in an accident when the porter was moving it. Obviously I was skeptical and told the broker as much and also told him that the dealer was very upset and to make sure the story checks out. Lo and behold, the car was delivered to my brothers car to his house scratch fee.

5 Likes

I’m surprised that broker got played like that.

Why would you be looking for matching a deal if you had paid a broker fee?

Just confused as to the timing…

1 Like