Ford Mustang Mach-E -- MY23 Order Banks are Open

Yes, as long as the new lower pricing is below $55K.
With the new lower prices, MME trims that qualifies for the tax credit till March:

• Select RWD
  • Select AWD
  • Premium RWD standard range battery
  • Premium AWD standard range battery
1 Like

Good news!!
IRS has reclassified the Mustang Mach-E with the higher $80,000 MSRP limit for the $7,500 IRS tax credit!
This means all MME trims can get the tax credit (assuming income cap).

If you are on the fence about an MME, now till March is the perfect time since Ford dropped prices just last week.

4 Likes

Bad news for availabilityā€¦hah

And I rushed to purchase mine before the 1st, meaning no price reduction, I got fd on this one.

I would gladly switch places with you.

At least you got your MME with a full tax credit without the income or MSRP caps.

You also got to enjoy filing for it this month.

Mine is delayed - built in December 2022 and sitting in Lechera Mexico for donā€™t know whatā€¦

If it does not get here by March when the IRS rules on the battery tax credit, it may be a moot pointā€¦

Built in December should have no issues receiving by March, they are typically on point with delivery dates, give or take some horror stories, and sometimes over shoot the dates.

1 Like

Well itā€™s been 4 delayed emails from Ford starting from January.
Now they estimate 2/13-2/26 delivery.

If that slips then it goes into the IRS March ruling on battery credit.

If it turns to zero credit after the IRS rules, I will be walking away from a $10,000 discounted MME ($6500 PCO + $3980 price drop).

Looking at VW iD4 and BMW i4 w/ full tax credit as a backupā€¦

I think you have till 3/31. You should be good.

1 Like

Only low i4 trims (eDrive35) will be eligible for the tax credit via lease. Not worth it IMO. Too little range and probably low resale values.

I suspect half-credit is your worse case and in the best case the Treasury/IRS just delays battery rules until 2024 cause they canā€™t get their crap together.

1 Like

Is is a lease, wonā€™t worry about resell value.

I hope the IRS delays the battery credit !

Just so stressful waiting for a vehicle that has been built in December, still waiting in Mexico.

thanks all!

1 Like

I feel you. My GT PE was stuck in limbo in a Mexican parking lot near a Walmart and Krispy Kreme for 2 months. There was a parts shortage of some kind or could have been the HVBJB issue before they found a fix. Car was released when HVBJV software fix appeared.

1 Like

Why not just keep the Lightning? Not that its my business (and you could just be an itchy LHer like the rest of us who enjoy frequent car changes):crazy_face:

Wow, new announcement from Ford: LFP batteries made in the USA - at the new Michigan battery plant.
Mid 2023 model year refreshed this spring will have the new LFP batteries!

With how long Ford is taking to deliver my MME from April 2022, Iā€™d say - letā€™s wait for these 2nd gen battery EVsā€¦
https://nypost.com/2023/02/13/ford-investing-3-5b-in-michigan-battery-plant-in-ev-bet/

Itā€™s strange to say this, but I think the ā€œnicheā€ auto maker Tesla is forcing the giant behemoth Ford (and others) to adapt.

2 Likes

None of this is really news, except for the official plant announcement. Fordā€™s move to LFP batteries were announced months ago. LFP packs for Mach E next year and Lightning in 2024.

The new US based plant wonā€™t be in operation until 2026. Until then LFP batteries will come from CATL plants in China. So good bye tax credits when Treasury finally gets mineral/component minimums announced.

Also of concern would be the ā€œforeign entity of concernā€ portion of tax credit, which includes China. What is interesting is Ford will own zero rights to the battery technology, everything is owned by CATL and the Chinese. Ford better hope tensions between the two countries donā€™t escalate and they just pull the rug out from under Ford.

2 Likes

My April order was was scheduled to be built mid December but as of last weekā€™s update, itā€™s still pending a new production day.

Anyone else on the same boat?

NOT BEING SNARKYā€¦.so no offense intendedā€¦ā€¦

What makes these cars desirable and worth waiting for (now that flips prob not a thing anymore)?

Offense taken. I donā€™t have one, havenā€™t ordered one, but you have offended me and I must air my grievances. how dare you. fight me.

2 Likes

I think most people waiting for the mach-e now in here have the 22->23 private offer on top of the new MSRP decrease and potential tax credit, makes it a pretty decent deal.

3 Likes