Ford Mustang Mach-E -- MY23 Order Banks are Open

No, unless it’s a carry over 22? Then it also gets weird, dealers may say you get no incentive if you use it or some shit. However, if the dealer applies it, take it.
As far as I know the A & Z plan still works on 23s, but I don’t know everything.

They need the actual membership card (a physical card). I was able to generate the code fine.

Xplan was applied to my 22 to 23 conversion, $2K ford options at 4.49% socal

1 Like

U don’t need the actual card for the dealer to apply the x plan. They will just ask for screenshot of your account to verify date you signed up.

That would make sense but I think the sales manager I am dealing with is a stickler for the rules and the rules do say must show a card.

My dealership didn’t want the card. They wanted proof of membership date.

Who here is going to cancel their order and pick up a MY?

1 Like

I’m in process of doing this…

My MME has been “target production week - Dec 19th” for the past 2 months. I’m wondering if they meant 2023…

Things are about to get real interesting. Glad I did fors options on our 2022. I genuinely feel bad for people paying crazy ADMs on these last year.

Yup, I’ve worked hard to avoid ADM on my 5 or so car purchases in the past year. It’s just asking to run into trouble when prices normalize.

2 Likes

Ordered Mach-E is still a good amount cheaper than MY if you’re okay with a base model.

2023 Mach-E Select RWD w/ destination: $48,190 - $3,000 order price protection - $2,000 Ford Options cash - $600 X-Plan - $7,500 federal tax credit = $35,090 before sales tax

2023 Tesla Model Y w/ destination and order fee: $54,630 - $7,500 federal tax credit = $47,130 before sales tax

4 Likes

Considered the Y for a moment and then the quality, ride and math told me to avoid.

Quality inside is minimal, plasticky and full of gaps.

Ride is awful - makes everyone car sick (Y and 3 should have used the X or S suspension)

Math says $45K net for the Y-LR but with $19K effective net off the MME - no brainer at $37K.

2 Likes

I am absolutely 100% not a Tesla fan boy, so I feel I should make that clear up front😁

That said, I just don’t see the ride quality and build quality differences between a Tesla and the literally dozens and dozen of other cars I’ve had. The reality is, almost all of them are junk. Ive had relatively expensive cars that I would have to wait for three things to need to be fixed at once (to limit my trips to the dealer), and Econoboxes that never saw a dealer at all.

The ride in the M3 RWD does not rattle peoples teeth (i’ve been looking at the carpet and under the seat, but haven’t found any yet) and is 100% much more compliant than the car it replaced (BMW M235), which in itself is not considered an excessively firm riding car.

Full disclosure, I own some Ford stock so I want them to do well :-). I really do.

It’s hard to compare these two cars though considering the range difference. A model Y long range has something like 80-90 miles more range than the MME select?

Another disclosure, I hate the model Y because of it’s looks! Kinda same with MME, but that is just my aesthetic, and has nothing to do with the cars themselves.

Yes, agree the range is better but I am not in the need for more range - my '22 Ford Lightning EV truck is a standard range battery and don’t need to charge unless it gets low at 7-10 days of driving.

Lightning past 6 months, 6000 miles has been flawless - no fit, quality, warranty issues at all!

Considering I had low hopes for the first gen Lightning, I see the MME as just as similar in build quality.

My relatives & co-workers Y and 3 are just abominable in ride quality (yes, I came from BMW, Merc, Land Rover). Don’t know what type of suspension they use but it makes everyone car sick very quickly.

If the Y and 3 had the X & S suspension, it would be an easy sell to me…

1 Like

I have heard this from more than one person regarding the suspension and ride quality. Mine is a 2023, so I wonder if they changed something?

1 Like

I would have to say Model Y ride quality has greatly improved since launch. Tesla constantly makes changes to their vehicles to improve livability and cut cost, even within the same model year.

There’s no doubt a Model Y (non Standard Range) is an objectively better vehicle than MME Select in terms of range, performance, and efficiency, but for my use case, MME Select does everything I need it to, and I find it more palatable at the lower price.

4 Likes

After having a dozen or so EVs…for me personally range that is less than something around 250ish miles (rated…as highway driving with the AC blasting will be notably less) ends up making the car a bit of a limited use case. You end up having to stop to charge just often enough and are worried just often enough that the charging stations will be working and are available…that you just decide to take an ICE instead.

That said, 99% of the time when one is just doing local driving it’s a non-issue and you charge at home.

1 Like

Depends on your driving habits/commute/usage.

An EV for mid 20ks (or less) with less than 200mi range would work for us.

That’s why the Bolt sells well.

The Mazda MX-30 is overpriced.

Before the Tesla price drops, the MME was a better buy and post-cuts at the lower trims it’s still cheaper than the base Y. At just less than $55k, I would lean towards the Mach-E even though I have a Y.

1 Like