Ford Mustang Mach-E -- MY23 Order Banks are Open

Will people take them with half of the credit? Yeah I think so. It’s a great car… but it certainly won’t be a flip (if it is still anyway) and you won’t see ADM on these.

In Cali there’s people routinely paying 10-15k over MSRP for these. I think the demand will still be there, though ADMs won’t be as high.

Not sure if I would take it with half credit, at 72k it is a severely overpriced station wagon.

1 Like

Even with half credit I’m not sure I’ll take my converted order. Some napkin math. 71.2k - 8500 - 1000xplan + 4000 in tax is around 66k. Might be cutting it close depending on the mmr

1 Like

What did you get for trade for your 2023 ID.4 Pro S AWD?

I took $51k. MMR on a 2022 is $54500 but the Ford dealer was going to transfer the ID4 to the same VW dealer where I bought it (their sister store). Even though MMR was much higher, I recognize why a VW dealer won’t pay MSRP for a used car when they have new ones available. The Georgia sales tax credit for trading in vehicles is a huge disincentive to selling a car privately or to a Carvana,Vroom etc. My b/e on the ID4 after tax credit was $48k so I was happy with $51k.

I submitted inquiries at 3 Los Angeles ford dealers on in stock MME. 2 dealers didn’t even get back to me. 1 dealer called asking when I can come down. I asked about sales prices and she said 20k above MSRP on a Premium. She did say it was open to “true negotiations” so I am sure they aren’t actually expecting 20k but geez how about throw at least a realistic number to start with.
Sounds like my 22 converted 23 order will arrive mid January.

It’s truly a sh**show. Last check Bob Wondries and Galpin are charging only 5 k over

Thanks for the update. Did you trade in a 2022 or 2023 ID4?

Traded in a 2023.

The difference between the MME market value on the east coast and west coast is huge.

I know somebody who just purchase 2x 22 MME’s in PA for MSRP (AWD Premium, RWD Select).

It could just be random timing. I know a lot of VW dealers got extra allocations for 2023 Pro S AWDs even though there are thousands of orders for ID4s. I wonder if something similar happened with Ford. I also bought 2 MMEs (AWD Premium, RWD Select) without ordering…they just happened to have 3 extra MMEs. I tried to get the 3rd one for a friend but other sales people already had customers on the way in. According to the dealer, they have over 100 orders for MME that are waiting.

New England dealers have been asking pretty hefty markups fwiw

That’s shocking considering it has no heat pump.

ID.4 doesn’t have one either and I’ve heard of markups in Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc.

I guess they don’t mind 30% range loss. ID.4 can be found under MSRP in NJ.

I took my Lightning to Vermont once… never again.

2 Likes

I don’t get the appeal of the GTPE. Had one. Took it to Daytona twice. The track mode was a POS. Dumped it. Getting a BMW i4 M50 next month to scratch the itch.

GTPE is where most of the HVBJB failures happen and will continue to happen because they underspec-ed the design of the junction box. Those motors + inverter chew amps (I’ve seen graphs with near 600A spikes but the HVBJB is only rated for 500A).

I’m pretty happy with the '22 Premium AWD ER as a daily driver. Hard to beat. 270-280 highway miles of range. All the safety features of a modern car and physical controls unlike in a Tesla.

Most new EV buyers don’t realize how bad range plummets without a heat pump. The Mach-E is the worst of them all without a heat pump though.

So can anyone share how to get the MMR?

Are you not adding the $2k ford option/balloon discount?