Ford Mustang Mach-E -- MY23 Order Banks are Open

I just got rid of a 51.7 MSRP Select for 51.5 to the dealer I picked up a 23 Jeep from. It was convenient and I got my down payment back, a little extra pocket money, and tax credit, so I didn’t break the bank, but I’m fine with it. I was getting offers of 50 and under, so the convenience factor made it a no brainer. Values on the 22s have come down considerably since the interest rates started hiking.

2 Likes

55k. Trying to wait as long as I can because we have a 23 prob going ti come in before years end. We’d make 5k in the Premium but wife doesn’t want Red. Trying to convince her.

Folks who have taken delivery, How accurate have the estimated delivery dates provided by ford been? Live in CA with an estd delivery of 12/8-12/14.

I haven’t taken delivery. Dealer estimate is December 12-18.

Good chance you get it, my 22 showed up about a month early from eta, but it was also during weird delivery delays and I think they just pushed out the eta to worst case scenario. I feel like the 23 etas are more of a reasonable case scenario, so I “ think” a lot of people will get these Oct/early November builds before the end of the year.

This is purely anecdotal but when I put in the VIN for my 2023 into one of the credit unions to estimate a balloon loan they populated the MMR at 64k(MSRP is 57).

Probably because the 23 MSRP is $9K higher than 22 and your MSRP is the old price protected 22 one.

Selects and non-PE GTs are much lower in demand than other trims. I found them available on lots back in late 2021 and early 2022 at MSRP (GTs without BlueCruise were the easiest to find) but had no interest in buying them. I ended up with 3 Mach-Es in 2022 and abandoned a GTPE order (already had one) that the dealer marked up $10K. I would not touch a 23 Mach-E at current prices.

What credit union displays MMR? That would be a useful tool to those that don’t otherwise have access to MMR.

https://secure.autofinancialgroup.com/AFG/index.jsp?CUID=221375802&m

I dont know how accurate is

Even with the Tax rebate? I would feel like the car would still hold good value in 6-7 months come time to sell it. Assuming I get a 23 order on MSRP.

See used Tesla prices.

The 23 Premium AWD Extended Range is now $67K which is the same price as a 23 Model Y. In 21 it was $56K-ish with a $7500 tax credit. Bumped to $59K in Dec 2021. Great deal. Now not so much.

I understand the deal is not as attractive as it was before. I am looking at it from a point of view of buying a base trim and holding it for 6-8 months before selling. Let’s say I find something for like $50k plus the $7.5k rebate. Selling it after 8 months (~6k miles). Even including the taxes, I might just break even. Which sounds like a good deal to me. Any thoughts on this?

Possibly. Assuming many things one of which is Ford wanting to increase production to 200K/year. What caused MME prices to stay high in 2022 was all the recalls and production problems that prevented Ford from increasing supply. Poor glass roof glue that triggered a recall, seatbelt stop sale, HVBJB stop sale and software fix. I got impatient around Feb/March and was going to buy a GTPE for $10K over sticker but then I got a build date (lol). Little did I know that build date was meaningless because that car was stuck in Mexico for 2.5 months awaiting a part. Each of my orders arrived 20-25 weeks later than they should have. Ford seems to be past most of these major production issues for the MME… for now.

I don’t think you will lose a lot of money regardless of which Mach-E trim you buy but gone are the days of trading in at MSRP for a newer version.

That seems MRM, not MMR ?

MRM / CRM = Maximum Retail MSRP / Current Retail Value
MMR = Manheim Market Report
Not the same thing.

My bad. Thanks.

Have to admit I miss my GTPE. Sold it a little bit back, made a little $$$, but I felt the prices were going to keep dropping in the short-term. (+ I didn’t have the beefier HVBJB)
I’ll see what 2023 brings!

My 23 should be built on Thursday with estimated delivery of 12/20, im definitely taking it for the tax credit while I can, but I feel like when I dump it, I will be giving a lot of the tax credit back. Whatever, nothing has value anymore, but with no sales tax I’ll take a shot on it and see what happens. Anyone have any idea on 23 incentives? I can only find 22.

Cutting a little close there with about 10 days left to close on the deal. Will you take delivery if it crosses over to the following year?

Definitely not, unless they revise the credit for 23. I feel like a lot of people won’t take them if they don’t get the tax credit, and you will probably see them actually sitting on lots in 23.