Ford Mustang Mach-E -- MY23 Order Banks are Open

Still at the dealership waiting to sign final papers.

Decided to buy a 2nd Mach E with AWD that is incoming. Actually excited about this one.

Guess my son is going to get a Mach E Select instead of a temporary Bolt.

2 Likes

Are you in California?
I might be interested in getting one of these since they still qualify for the tax rebates.

If you buy a 2023 model in 2022, do you still qualify for the rebate?
I am guessing most people are getting the Select model but I see a lot of Premium models around me.

Nice deal being able to swing x-plan and pick up two of them! With tax-credit youā€™re in the money and youā€™ve got a great ride off the lot. Well done.

The current EV rebate is based on the calendar year, not the carā€™s model year.

I just found out that the Mach E has an option for an extended range battery (Iā€™m still trying to figure out the 2 cars I just bought) and Iā€™m a little bummed my car doesnā€™t have that. Oh well.

@anique Iā€™m in the SE so probably not feasible for CA buyers.

Ok, this kind of sucks. Iā€™m researching the Mach E on the fly, as Iā€™m buying 2 of them. I ask about free charging and the sales rep states that you get 2 years free on Fordā€™s Blue Oval network. I look at the Blue Oval site and see there are 2 chargers near me that are more convenient than the Electrify America (VW, BMW, Porsche etc.) chargers Iā€™ve been using. Just to double check, I do a Google search and see the following snippets:

" To qualify for complimentary charging offer, modem must be activated within 60 days of purchase through the FordPass app on a smartphone."
ā€œComplimentary charging expires 2 years from Warranty start date.ā€

So I assume all is good. I have now learned that you get 2 years of free ACCESS to chargers in the Blue Oval network but you have to pay for the charges. Wtf? Who cares about access to chargers that are already publicly accessible? The only free charging you get is 250kW on Electrify America which is about 750 miles.

Still happy with the purchases but the loss of free charging sucks.

Extended Range Mach-Es are the ones in high demand and with $5K or more markups. Iā€™ve owned 4 Mach-Es in 1.5 years now and itā€™s much easier to find Selects and Standard Range Premiums at MSRP than ERs.

Stillā€¦ if you donā€™t take long road trips with it, it doesnā€™t matter.

2 Likes

250 kWh is only for EA. Just enable Plug and Charge and it will feel like a Tesla (assuming the EA charger isnā€™t broken).

Blue Oval just allows you to unify payment for multiple charging networks under one account.

Yeah. I figured it out now but this is a lousy ā€œbenefitā€. Iā€™ve now read that after the 2 years of ā€œfree accessā€, they may charge a fee to have ā€œaccessā€ to chargers that are already publicly accessible. Idk if the rate is lower to charge through Blue Oval than joining EVGO or EA directly but I hope their only value prop isnā€™t consolidated billing.

Itā€™s not a lower rateā€¦ just consolidated billing.

Honestly, I DC charge maybe once a month so free charging is barely worth it. You might be different but I find these free charging offers overrated.

Ford did fix the DC charging curve on the Mach-E. It used to be horrible and over 80% it would drop to 9 kW (now 40-45 kW).

For the past year, I have exclusively used free charging at Electrify America. Iā€™ve only charged at home 1-2 times and that was the night before long road trips. I do realize the money saved from free charging often wasnā€™t worth the time wasted in detours to or waiting time at EA chargers but getting 20k+ miles of free charging is somewhat rewarding in and of itself. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I tried 100% EA charging back in the summer/fall of 2021 when I had an ID.4 and got sick of it within a few weeks. It didnā€™t help that the nearest EA was 20mins away.

I now have 30+ free L2 chargers at my new downtown office and charge there 90% of the time. I only charge at home before long weekend trips.

1 Like

Well, after calling over 25 dealers, plus all of the online companies, I finally sold my 66.7k MSRP GT for 64.1k. I had a very hard time getting to this number, most everyone else was at 63k or lower.

1 Like

Idk the mileage on your car but MMR is currently $63,700 so it sounds like you did well. Youā€™re still ahead after the $7500 tax credit, right?

1 Like

Hmmm, canā€™t believe it took that much effort, Iā€™m assuming it was a 22? Wonder if the 23s will have decent value? Damn interest rates are ruining the flipping market.

Offers vary greatly, sometimes by 10k. Highest offer for a premium RWD we picked up a few weeks ago is by Carvana. Vroom was 10k less and Autonation in between.

What was Carvanaā€™s offer for a Premium RWD?

Mileage was about 405. Just canā€™t believe that a little over a month ago I probably could have gotten like 4-5k more! Thank you for the affirmation. Yes, after the tax credit I am ahead, barely, haha.

@LshkrsNoitall Yeah I know, itā€™s a crazy market. It was a '22. It seems like lower specā€™ed models might still be doing okay?

Will be interesting to see if the price increase has an effect on ā€˜23 MMR at all