Ford Mustang Mach-E -- MY23 Order Banks are Open

GT or GT performance the play here?

If you are trying to flip, GT, if you plan on keeping it up to you but the PE is 6k more.

Is it possible to change trim if the dealer or ford had already changed my MY22 select to MY23 select?

I believe you can now, according to what Laker and Mach E forum have posted, but I donā€™t have a current 22 conversion so they would know better.

Should be able to edit the order. Do it before Thursday as your 23 can get scheduled and locked in

Just a note of caution, Offers on my 2022 GTPE from Carmax went from $69k last month to $66k today. Talked to a Ford manager & he offered the same range (66-68k).
TBH I would keep any oredrs & see what the market is like when the MME arrives, but (right now) the forecast isnā€™t pretty.

For 22s probably not since production will start soon on 23s and 22s are history. These will probably still do well in 23 since no dealers will really have them on the lots and demand is still there.

Already put my GT order in last week in place of my select. Waiting on x plan and ford options to make this a unicorn hack. A man can dream.

Freaking amazing.
I called my dealer saying I want to upgrade to the Premium since it now the private offer has been confirmed. He is like no. We just learned today that the private offer is based on the original trim. So then I had to email his this bulletin you guys posted above. Geez. Like seriously, read the effing bulletin. He said they had a meeting in the morning and the GSM told him the (incorrect) info.

There was no Ford Options rate for MY 2023 at the time of our orders in April 2022, so I donā€™t believe weā€™ll be able to lock April 2022 rates on a MY 2023 car, sadly. Itā€™ll be the rate at the time of delivery.

There is a regular user on the mach-e forums that had a '21 converted into a '22 and was able to use his '21 order numbers. He took the .9% financing that the '21ā€™s had over the 2.49% optionā€™s pick.

This leads me to believe that it would work, but honestly Iā€™m not sure just using my best guess and being hopeful lol

1 Like

Offers have softened on Select as well. Down $2kish from a month ago. Taking my saved Carvana offer at $53k and my wife is already saying she will miss it.

Still plenty of margin when you account for current tax credit, right now anyway.

I would def sell mine for 53k, Iā€™m in it for 50 not including the tax credit. 22s probably softened a bit because 23s are right around the corner, thatā€™s pretty understandable across the board.

Converting my order to a GT today. We pretty much have to hope that we get scheduled for any of these upcoming build weeks to potentially get it in before '23.

When you guys place an order through Ford website, do dealers jump into the system and add blessings?

Build an order and select a dealership. It will let you know their selling price. If the dealer selling price is equal to MSRP + the $1300 destination then they are not marking it up.

Whatā€™s the news with people who didnā€™t order MY22 but are interested in MY23? I assume I could either buy a slot from someone with a 22 or just place a new order?
Also isnā€™t production shut down due to a recall?

The recall was a while back, they are finishing up some 22s with 23 production to start 10/31.
Whoever orders the vehicle must purchase it or the dealer gets to do whatever they want with it.

Soooooo which model should we switch to in order to maximize resale?

If I were building/ordering another one Iā€™d probably get Premium because it has what I wish my select AWD had. But itā€™s tough to say with a rapidly changing market. Like the advice for ordering other flips, order what you wouldnā€™t mind driving for a bit and take into account the factors of taxes and cash outlay since we canā€™t lease these.

1 Like