Ford Mustang Mach-E -- MY23 Order Banks are Open

day by day ford is doing its best to ruin the attractiveness of this car for 23 orders.

2 Likes

Damn shouldā€™ve taken the 2022 Mach-e Select RWD i was offered at sticker $47k (comfort convenience pkg and pano roof) 2 weeks ago.

Only reason I declined was RWD :person_facepalming:

3 Likes

Wow that sucks. I had debated putting an order in for a select with comfort and tech because itā€™s one thing I wish the one we have had.

Fords got a golden goose or two right now but a lot more competition is coming. Next year they shouldnā€™t be able to pull these increases and deletions.

1 Like

Kinda nuts that they would not honor the 22 orders at 22 prices though, no? What was the point of ordering and then waiting 5 month if I just have to re-order now ā€¦ Could have had a Tesla by now :slight_smile:

Still holding out hope though as last week the same dealer was telling me that a ā€œprivate offerā€ was coming to price protect my order. Letā€™s see.

1 Like

If the private offer states that you canā€™t switch trims at '22 prices Iā€™ll probably just cancel. My AWD select with Comfort/tech was coming in at 49k-ish and a '23 with tech package is 49k-ish. Losing heated features is huge for me living in a cold climate and with the tax credit amount up in the air for next year just meh.

1 Like

Seriously? They arenā€™t honoring 22 orders? Thats some Rivian level BS

1 Like

Iā€™d be suspicious of this.

Watch this video, xplan does carry over for '22 orders that converted which is kind of nice
I guess

2 Likes

I did talk to the dealer today and he told out of 10 orders that he had on 22 mach-e, 7 are scheduled for 2022 and rest moved to 2023, mine is one of them that got moved.
I had the grey color and thatā€™s no longer an option on 2023 model so he said I will need to choose a different color but he said, there is high chance that ford will issue some kind of certificate to match 2022 prices as they did with lightning. He will call me on Thursday with more details but he didnā€™t say anything about comfort and tech being removed, that will be a deal breaker.

2 Likes

As far as I understand (and as others have explained to me on this forum), if your orders was placed before the Climate Bill signing, you would be entitled the full $7500 tax credit, even if the car is delivered in 2023. The tax credit might be for 2023 tax year, but it should still be valid.

Depends on irs interpretation if itā€™s based on delivery or order.

But if your income is too high youā€™re SOL for 2023 (other than perhaps reduced credit)

I am reading on the MME forum that some are getting the private offers that pretty much locks you into the old trim price however it is still BS because Select with comfort had extra features that arenā€™t available on the current Select.

1 Like

Has your priority changed to 99?

I got an email saying thank you for ordering 2023 Mach-e. Neither did the dealer contact me nor Ford inform prior to this. The online portal doesnā€™t reflect the config, but it doesnā€™t seem to include the packages I ordered. Sigh.

For me, another issue is our state EV rebate ($2000) that is only available for sub-50k vehicles, so only on Select models. So no matter what, Iā€™d like to stay Select. If they honor the 22 price and take the cost of the Comfort & Tech package off (probably wishful thinking), I think Iā€™ll just pay for third party heated seats and steering.

Dealer said they ordered my 23 so I donā€™t lose my place in the queue, and that changes can always be made. They are trying to reach their Ford rep with all their questions, and hopefully have more info by tonight.

Wish all car dealers were as well informed as that dude!

1 Like

I forgot to ask. Are the priority codes significant?

Priority code 1 means next in line to get built but I donā€™t know if they made all MME priority 1 or just those they think they can build.

Priority 99 means there is a hold.

2 Likes

Just confirmed with Ford chat that Iā€™m at 99 now. Will see with the dealer if I can slide into a prem at '22 prices, which I doubt. Otherwise might just cancel

Or keep it and sell immediately? Should be a good amount of money in these at 22 prices.

1 Like

Need to pay tax and no (or little) federal makes it slim margins I think.

2 Likes