Fisker orders, delivery etc

It’s not asking for any money right now just when the build locks, whenever that is.

Same here. Weren’t able to give trade in value either.

1 Like

Main question is weather we’re going to get the 7500 credit.

1 Like

But what does that even mean? I’m hesitant to lock in my configuration without knowing exactly how everything is going to work with the lease.

I’m getting more and more underwhelmed by the ocean. I’m certainly not paying another $750 to lock in an order that I already paid to lock in.

3 Likes

So it DID ask you to pay the $750? Are you buying or interested in leasing?

No. It didn’t. It said when I officially lock my order I’ll pay another 750.

Underwhelmed how? Did you learn something new?

Every time I look at the builder, I get disappointed. I don’t want to pay $5k to add adaptive cruise control or thousands to not have crappy plastic wheels or water bottle interior.

Deleted since I was wrong.

They touted their lease option very very loudly and claimed numbers that would make it very compelling.

They were claiming $379/mo with $3k down you could turn in at any point with 30k miles per year.

Fair enough….they also spoke of that when interest rates were a good bit lower and before they asked for another $750 to “lock” in the build. Taking a mfr at face value who says it’s going to be a great deal is like asking the dealer for numbers, no?

I guess I should have gone back and read the posts from a year ago. I did put a deposit down that was refunded with no explanation. Customer Svc wasn’t the most robust at the time so I dropped the idea all together.

I don’t disagree, but when the mfr says “WE ARE GOING TO HAVE THIS VERY COMPELLING LEASE OFFER!” it speaks to why people might think there will be leases that are compelling.

2 Likes

I’ll be curious who is underwriting this or are they partnered with Chase? For loans and leases? In the time since as you well know, rates went up, according to most supply chain issues or inflation caused raw material increases and I would assume Fisker has higher overhead than when they released these numbers. Obv Tesla has figured out to have an impressive margin on Electric vehicles, will find out shortly if these others have as well. Which will also determine what margin they are shooting for and if they can do it w/o raising the prices that were released a year ago.

I mean I’m glad you said it and then this person deleted their pretty rude comment. The “flexee lease” was a HUGE thing. I mean I get not taking companies at face value I didn’t expect the price to be as low as what they were putting out in all the press releases but it was reasonable to assume there’d at least BE a lease given all the press materials and advertising.

I deleted it b/c I was wrong and I subsequently admitted that and laid out the reasons why. Hopefully the lease option comes through at a compelling price point for all the hackers that did go down that route.

Rude? How so? Did you mistake MFR to mean something other than manufacturer?

They are not asking for anything right now. However, before the build lock date, they are asking for the money. I am unsure how much they are asking for. Is it $1750 for the first and $1900 for the second vehicle, or is it $750 for the first and $900 for the second vehicle?

1 Like

I could have worded it a little better and more importantly done my research before typing away.

In fairness that pricing was announced in 2019 and literally has a very small asterisk next to the pricing saying, “subject to change” and you know what everybody says about small asterisks around here.

1 Like

I interpret that as they’re asking for $1000 total per vehicle. Since you paid $250 for your first reservation, it’s an additonal $750 to get to $1000. Since 2nd reservations were only $100, it’s an additional $900 to get to $1000.

1 Like