Fisker orders, delivery etc

Mother f er

interesting. any news on what theyā€™re doing with tax credits and leases as of yet?

no clue, only thing i know is they do Fisker financing thru Chase. I donā€™t think their lease program will be available for Ocen One orders.

Curious to see if the ā€œbindingā€ contracts are just non binding now and the deposits are refundable? Iā€™m not canceling all orders, I still want one, but if there is no tax credit, I donā€™t need to order 4.

1 Like

5K deposits are non-refundable.

I think he was referring to normal Ocean orders not Ocean One order.

It depends what you ordered ? Pearā€™s assembly will be in Michigan I belive might get tax credit. Iā€™m not a tax advisor tho I donā€™t know exactly :slight_smile:

Ordered 4 non Ones, since they are pushing Extreme for Q2 I prefer to change the 4 to one Extreme.

Extreme would be the same price as One. I would just feel bad not ordering the One, if I wanted an Extreme.

Ones were only the first 5000, they are sold out, cant order them anymore.

Any idea of the numbers yet? I have an Extreme on order. One of the colors is this incredible matte green, looks GORGEOUS, I just canā€™t decide if I like this car enough, keep us updated on yours!

Any body has vin number yet ?

Reposting from the lucid thread

Irs has decided to change the law themselves, so the whole binding contract to get $7500 is no longer applicable.

So basically if you didnā€™t take delivery in 2022 then it doesnā€™t matter what you did,signed,etc - you will be treated no differently than someone who decides to buy an EV tomorrow? So overall the only benefit of the binding contracts was it waived the NA assembly requirement for 4-5 months.

In Fiskerā€™s case, there is not even a price lock on the car with an early order.

Correct, at least unless someone is successful in litigation. Which i wouldnt hold my breath for.

Wonder if this would be grounds to get deposit back from fisker if I cancel - fortunately not a ton of $$

1 Like

I mean you paid with a credit card and you could try to charge back based on the change in terms if they didnā€™t give it back.

What change in terms? Fisker didnā€™t change anything on their end. They donā€™t set the federal EV rebates rules.

Funny how users are complaining about refunds for these ā€œbinding contractsā€ now.

PS. I have one on order as well and upset about this change too, but itā€™s not Fiskerā€™s fault.

3 Likes

Definitely not Fiskers fault, Iā€™m keeping my reservation in. Iā€™m more concerned if I can change my Ultra to Extreme now though, that wasnā€™t an option when it was ā€œbindingā€. I sent Radgiver an email, will post their response when I get one.

1 Like