Fisker orders, delivery etc

Polestar just released the Polestar 3.

I actually like the Fisker better in every way. It also just happens to also be $20k cheaper than the Polestar.

I was expecting the Polestar to have a third row and be bigger than the Fisker, but it looks to be about the same size.

starting at $90k? they’re insane.

I haven’t seen anything but any thoughts on the chances we could change our reserved trim line when these start rolling out? I did a confirmed reservation back in August but would be willing to take another trim if it meant getting 6 months sooner,etc

They apparently are only building and or delivering 300 total for the first qtr, then 8k second qtr, odds of you getting anything in 6 months are slim to none. Also, if you had a binding contract, whatever you reserved cannot be changed.

If you reserve an extreme today, you can probably take delivery in Q3 2023. Ultra and Sport would be well into 2024.

Important note: prices are locked for first 40,000 cars delivered. It would probably be better to get an extreme at the old locked price of $69k than get an ultra a year later after the price goes up to $55,000 from $50k (guess).

Not even the same class of EV.

Polestar 3 competes with the iX… both have air suspension and B&W audio.

The Ocean is a lot of snake oil. The range is a lie and now ADAS and driver assist packages are expensive add-ons (if they are available).

Air suspension really doesn’t do much except add a liability for future repairs. Lucid isn’t using it. I’ve been in cars that offer it, and really never felt much difference.

The Ocean has Dolby atmos, so sound system is tbd.

We will know very soon if the claims Fisker made hold up. Journalists will be driving next week.

The Polestar does have a much nicer interior. That’s the area Fisker saved their money, enabling the lower pricing.

I was in an Ocean when they had the pop shows around the country. The interior was rough, like really rough. Felt every bit like the recycled plastic its advertised as being made of. It made Tesla interiors look like Mercedes. Lets hope the production models are better. If not, I’m out.

3 Likes

I’m about ready for another Pear sneak peek leak…lets all harmonically converge!

1 Like

He did leak pre release renderings, pay more attention to the mirrored image than the car shown. A full prototype is “supposed’ to be revealed at the end of this month.

1 Like

Lots of new details

2 Likes

And then…Still now I’m more curious about the blotched areas…seems more fakeout than any possible earth-shattering feature.

I read yesterday that most of the cars will come without tech features due to chip shortage and they will try to install them after a couple of months, this is insane. They want to keep promises and deliver cars asap without things :slight_smile:

I interpreted it more as they’ll be enabling software features as they go rather than actually installing hardware, but I didn’t look at it in great detail.

I do also wonder how many vehicles that actually pertains too as most of the enabled features looked like they were due by mid 2023. I’m guessing they won’t be anywhere near through their pre-orders by the time everything is caught up.

1 Like

Does any body have a Fisker Ocean reservation?

Many of us do. This is the thread you’re looking for:

1 Like

I do wish I took this car more seriously and put in a “binding” order for an Ocean Sport. Didn’t know they were so far into development, and the fact it’s largely contract engineered and manufactured by Magna and shares a platform with an existing EV from a well-funded OEM (BAIC Group dba Arcfox) is promising. The display model I sat in at the LA Auto Show last year just seemed so rough, 3D printed interior parts and all.

2 Likes

Just software, just like Lucid. It’s just a few convenience features that will be available when the large part of deliveries happen in later 2023. It’s just the early adopters that will have to wait 6 months or so for all features. Not a big deal at all IMO and grossly exaggerated in media articles.

Deliveries are Q1 2023=300
Q2 2023= 6000-8000
Q3 2023= ~15,000
Q4 2023= ~20,000

Not exact but close to what they said on last earnings call.

I don’t understand, if just a software update then what parts are being waited on. Either the car has the part or it doesn’t. Are they waiting for further software development?

1 Like

They aren’t waiting on parts. Most Ocean One customers will get orders in April -July. They’ll only have to wait for adaptive cruise, auto parking, and lane change assist.