Fisker orders, delivery etc

They may not want to use the customer base as beta testers and are waiting to complete testing before going live with features.

1 Like

The back up camera isn’t active until later?

They may be referring to the camera based rear view mirror

No, backup camera is federally mandated. Its probably some feature stitching together 3 cameras into the review mirror. That’s my guess. That’s what Magna clearview can do, to eliminate blind spots.

Another carmaker tried to deliver major software after release and it was a clusterfudge. There are many early Mach-E owners who still don’t have BlueCruise enabled and have various weird software issues after update. A friend of mine had a Ford buyback due to the inability to upgrade his firmware and never had BlueCruise working. He ended up flipping it to Driveway instead for a profit. Newer Mach-E are fully loaded with the working software though.

What you get at delivery you should be happy with.

VW, Hyundai, Kia have not delivered a single update except infotainment tweaks. With VW… absolutely zilch.

That was Fisker strategy not loose reservations. They knew from beginning that but kept silent until 10 days ahead production starts. This is insane you have to pay full price $69k and wait until heck knows when you will get updates. Henrik Fisker is a great designer no question, but not great businessman already bunckrupted previous Fisker brand. I could get different EVs but bet on Fisker, will see what i will get.

Most other automakers do the same thing, and have OTA updates. It was clear when ordering that not all features would be available at launch.

Fisker did not keep silent about it.

Look at the debacle of Tesla FSD. They’ve realized most of the revenue and it doesn’t work. It’s still just a “neat science project.”

They kept silent until sharing Q3 numbers.

My reservation says that i can still make changes on my build until March 23, what is yours say guys ? Maybe that gives approximate idea about delivery dates

Mine doesn’t say anything about changes. Just status: confirmed. Is yours a one than you configured already?

Name them.

Basically… Rivian, Lucid, Polestar IMO.

Ford is quasi-OTA. The OTA process uses CAN-bus (very sloooow system meant for real-time communication) to update the modules and large updates take 8-12 hours so it has to be taken to a dealer.

Come On Wtf GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 Likes

If you have a binding contract, it cannot be changed. If you ordered 2 with binding contracts, you cannot order anymore, however, if you use a different email address and phone number, you can. Don’t expect much out of 23 besides Ones and Extremes, a “few” Ultras to satisfy “some” binding contracts. Most Ultras and all Sports won’t be delivered until 24. If you reserved an Ultra or Sport and not binding, you could order an Extreme now, and “should” get it in 23. However, new Extreme reservations/orders are not supposed to start until December/January. This info is from their earnings call and Fisker Radgiver or whatever they call the advisor.

I feel like I read that the binding contracts had to be fulfilled by the end 2023 which would hose most of the ultras/sports but now I can’t find where I read that so not sure it’s true?

That could be true, but Fisker himself said “some” of the Ultras that had binding contracts would be made, who knows? It would be great if they deliver all of the binding contract orders, but with only producing 300 for the entire Q1, producing 45k more for the rest of the year is an extremely (no pun) tall order. On top of that, software feature delays running into Q3 and Q4, I’m definitely skeptical they meet expectations. I know Magna is making the cars, but every other EV maker had high production expectations, until they couldn’t satisfy them.

1 Like

Theres nothing in the IRA language that would require that

He Who Shall Not Be Named.

My reservation is Ocean One

Go to account => Reservations => Order Details you will see at the bottom.

The order details page doesnt exist for me. May be only on the ocean one orders.

1 Like