First time leasing and confused

Hi there— I’ve been reading for a while but this is my first post.

I’m looking to Lease a 2024 Volkswagen Atlas SE w/ Technology and a Panoramic Sunroof and I live in Los Angeles.

I’ve never leased before, and the specifics of it confuse me.

I saw an ad from VW for $479 a month for 36 months with 12k miles (before taxes and fees), which seems decent, but when I get to the local dealer websites, I don’t see that — I see $479 w/ $3499 DAS.

After selecting or building an atlas I desire, I can’t seem to get a price under $650. Of course, this is all done online via VW website so I haven’t negotiated anything.

What should I be looking for? Would I be able to negotiate a lower price without any money DAS? Ideally, I wouldn’t want to go over $550 monthly — is that too high for this vehicle?

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated. Explain it to me like I’m a 12 year old, if you can lol

1. VW Leases (Other than ID4) suck right now, are you open to a Hyundai or Kia?
1 Like

Read the fine print. VW has $3999 DAS in their fine print. Both ads will also be before tax, title, and license fees.

The ad is for a specific vehicle. It will have the trim level and MSRP in the fine print as well. If you are getting to $650, it could be a combination trim level, money down, miles per year, etc.

Search the forums for previous posts and see what brokers are listing them for. That will give you an idea of the market and what is attainable.

3 Likes

Yes, actually. I started off looking at the Telluride and Palisade, but it seemed that lease deals for them were higher than the Atlas (maybe I’m looking in the wrong places) The 2024 Santa Fe looks promising as well, but I can’t find any leasing information on that at all.

I’m also not opposed to a Hyundai Sonata Limited (I know it’s not a truck, but it’s on my “list”)

Thank you for replying!

There are several brokers here who deal in that,
Here’s @Omegaautogroup Numbers with $0 Down (I don’t like the 2-3k down games) for OC (I set tax to 8%)

And I know @Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto has some Tellurides for not too bad but I can’t remember the price.

2 Likes

Thanks for replying!

I did do some searching here, I saw a couple of brokers with the Atlas for around $569 a month + Tax with $2-$3k DAS. 36 months and 7500 or 10k miles.

I don’t know how Tax is calculated for a lease, so who knows what the final price will be.

I saw a recent signed deal for the exact car for about $549. The customer somehow got 5k off of msrp and 0 DAS, but they were in a different state.

Ok thanks! I’ll look into this and see what I can come up with.

With brokers, their price is guaranteed (on approved credit I’m sure)? I’ve never dealt with a broker before.

Also, if I lease — but like the car enough to keep it at the end of the lease, does that make leasing now worth it or worthless? Should I just finance out of the gate?

Jeff and Omega are straight shooters, and sometimes you can even get free Delivery
Free Delivery means you don’t have to sit in the dealer, for the cost of their broker fee.

Omega’s site is https://omegaautogroup.com/ and if you register your email, you can see full pricing like this.

1 Like

You are correct, Atlas is not a cheap lease and you can’t force it to lease well currently

I have Telluride for very cheap this month til the 29th, my deals are just $2000 to the dealer nothing extra and the broker fee paid seperately to me

On approved credit

1 Like

I just signed up, I’m browsing now!

Hey Jeff!

I’m going to check your deals out too! All in all, do you think the Hyundai’s are worth it to lease?

If you want a 3 row lease my top choice by a mile is the Telluride

Hyundai has good leases on Ioniq5 and plugins currently, not 24 santa fes…

2 Likes

Depends on whether there are lease incentives (that do not apply to financing) and what kind of interest rate you can get (vs. the MF for a lease).

But if @Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto can offer you a Telluride at a good price, I don’t think anyone in their right mind would choose an Atlas instead (and I say this as a VW owner who very much likes his car).

1 Like

I do like the Tellusades/Palirides lol. I though thy were out of reach due to the dealers up charging well above msrp here in Los Angeles

1 Like

Are these deals for east coast as well?

CA residents only

In all likelihood, you would be better off financing this car rather than leasing it.

You haven’t been reading enough. Read this first 8 Things You Should Know Before Leasing A New Car — LEASEHACKR then learn how to use the calculator CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR. You’re only paying sales tax on the cost of the least btw. Don’t be blinded by the monthly, know the MSRP and use this website to get a general idea of the discounts offered in the market for the vehicle you’re getting. Understand what MF is (APR/2400) and what RV is, get those numbers from Edmunds (people here will recommend the ratefndr tool but you can get the numbers for free on Edmunds). Don’t be fooled by brokers some brokers here, truly are brokers and others are just dealership sales agents disguised as brokers asking for a high DAS on their deals. They target people that haven’t done their homework.

1 Like

I got it done! Thanks to all of you!

I ended up following one of the reccomendationns mentioned above, and reached out to a broker here on LeaseHackrs. I got everything I wanted within the budget that I had set for myself. Way less than dealers had been quoting me during my independent negotiations. The.process took approximately 2 days from the point of first contact, to the vehicle being delivered to my home.

Thanks to Sethnand @Omegaautogroup !

3 Likes

Don’t worry about the money factor or residual unless you plan on keeping it. The simple most important thing in a lease is monthly payment. At the end of the day, does that stuff matter? Sure. But not as much as it seems and your really making the process more complicated than it needs to be. Monthly payment. That is the only focus.

Remember, the big print givith and the small print takith away. Tax, title, doc, aquisition, plates and up front fees are not calculated in the advertisement (They dont know where you live) and all manufacturers operate this way. You will ALWAYS be higher than the payment you see online.

I’m a salesman. My advise is simple. Wait until the last 5 days of the month and shop around. At that point play dealers against one another. You will be guaranteed to get the best price. If it is then too high, you would need to consider less car.

The best research you can do is through experience in this case. Get at least 3 different prices in your market and roll up your sleaves and get to work. The salesmen may not like you, but who cares?! You’re trying to get a fair price. If I were you, this is what I would do.

I’m in NE Ohio so stay the F away from me lol.

Good luck!!!