Financing a full-sized SUV (Tahoe, Yukon, Sequoia, etc)

Which engine do you have?

Did an NC attorney confirm that?

In the NYC tristate area, people buy across state lines all the time and at least a couple people have told me their LL attorney said they could use whichever state law was more advantageous, either their home state or the dealer location state.

1 Like

Yeah NC lemon law said it is a odd situation cause lemon law only pertains to cars purchased in NC, not if you are a resident.

For a vehicle to qualify under the North Carolina Lemon Law, it must meet certain requirements:

• The vehicle must have been purchased in North Carolina.
  • The vehicle may not been previously titled (or sold as ā€œusedā€)
  • The warranty problem must have occurred within two years or 24,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
1 Like

Narrowing it down to the GH (Gas and maybe Hybrid Max), TX, and low mile Tahoe/Yukon.

1 Like

But which car does your wife want? Just go with that option and avoid headaches later.

3 Likes

Which state was the vehicle first registered, and where did you accept delivery?

If the first-ever tags on the vehicle are NC tags and you took delivery in NC, then technically the sale was completed in NC.

The seller would need a tax nexus in NC to complete this type of sale though, which is probably why many dealers hate out-of-state deals or require an out of state person to take delivery from the showroom.

That is the issue. I registered in OR lol

No taxes baby!

Good point, when I pursued a lemon with Tesla, my attorney said theyā€™d go with whichever state has law most advantageous for me (ā€œpurchasedā€ in TX, registered in MT, took delivery in CO). Tesla bought it back quickly after getting attorney involved before it got to the point of lemon process moving fwd.

4 Likes

Toyota hybrids are almost a free lunch. You save at the pump every time. And their value retention means you hardly paid a premium over the gas version.

You should go with the GH. Have heard great things and the hybrid version pays for itself and reliability is solid. Unless you absolutely need a tahoe/yukon for some reason.

Hereā€™s a 2023 Ford Expedition in Renton, WA with 7k on the clock. The used car lot needs to move itā€¦ itā€™s almost 9 months aged. Probably a combination of the color and it being a mid-XLT with a V6ā€¦ so thereā€™s nothing special about it.

If a car is easy to overlook, that just means you may be able to get a bigger discount.

Iā€™m guessing it should transact 20% more off itā€™s original MSRP of $69k ($55k).

Did you test drive the GH hybrid? People Iā€™ve spoken to complained about the pickup

Howā€™s the road noise? I know Toyota is known for road noise, especially the Camry. The 2025 Camry SE on the lot in Florida is $41K

I wonder if I can pursure this way?

North Carolina Lemon Law

The lemon law in North Carolina covers new and leased vehicles within 2 years or 24,000 miles. Consumers must notify the manufacturer in writing if there is a defect, and the problem must be resolved within a reasonable period.

If the vehicle is out of service for a cumulative total of 20 business days, the manufacturer is required to replace the car or buy it back at the purchase price.

TN and OR says you MAY pursueā€¦ but NC says ā€œREQUIREDā€

Weā€™re 200 miles into my wifeā€™s 2024 Wagoneer. Fingers crossed we donā€™t have issues. Loving the car so far.

GH Max seemed like a smoother and quieter ride compared to conventional hybrid model. Lexus TX was also quite smooth.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry but 200 miles for a brand new vehicle in 2024ā€¦ getting it washed for the first time should be the only concern at that time. Thatā€™s just as bad ad people saying ā€œmy car has made it 100k miles without issueā€. WOW Well I sure $&@ā€œ?!#* hope so :rofl::joy:

1 Like

Hi what number can I call you at regarding these deals?

Looks like itā€™s a bee premier without 360 or the rear view mirror camera tech. Ugly

Iā€™m not a broker or dealerā€¦ unfortunately nobody on LH can be a magic solution to sling large SUVs in Oregon. Maybe @Cody_Carter and @Jrouleau426 can do some Toyota Grand Highlanders up this way?

The 360 camera isnā€™t standard on Premier? Man no wonder they arenā€™t selling this thing lol. Magnetic ride control is nice, but at such a price point people are expecting 360 cameras.