Financing a full-sized SUV (Tahoe, Yukon, Sequoia, etc)

With lease rates making this segment unrealistic, does anyone have any experience into which of these vehicles might be the best route moving forward? Which possesses the most value and how far back do I venture into CPO/Used before it opens me up to potential maintenance headaches?

Have you considered the QX80?

Otherwise, finance a sequoia of those three.

2 Likes

qx80 is a cheap lease

1 Like

If you’re looking for the most interior space relative to exterior dimensions, get one of the larger unibody SUVs like Toyota Grand Highlander, Lexus TX, etc.

The main reason to get a BOF (body on frame) SUV like a Tahoe over a unibody would be if you’re towing more than 6,000 lbs

3 Likes

If you want to have a commending view , you need to go with a truck based one like Yukon. I would love to drive something with a very large and straight windshield and also see the bonnet while driving. For me, car based platforms simply doesnt give the same feeling. Also, not to mention they are expensive without feeling luxury. From those car based platforms , I have seen 700ish Lexus TX lease in the marketplace I think which is a very good value imo.

Also the Enclave is like $700 to lease if you want a car 6 inches shorter

Will dive into the marketplace a little bit on this one… thanks

Appreciate your input… I am not opposed to some of the larger unibody models. May be time to reopen my search a little bit.

If reliability is a concern check out the Nissan Armada platinum, in Florida it’s $60k with lifetime transmission warranty.

What is considered a cheap lease lol

For a third row (although usability is often questioned), large body on frame, suv with a v8… the qx80 is about as cheap as you’re going to get. It’s not going to be a $200 or $300; it is quite cheap for its class.

Depending on what the overall goal is here, I’d almost wager that a Sequoia purchase would yield a lower TCO over a several year period (vs leasing the Infiniti).

1 Like

I just leased my wife a Wagoneer with a 73,000 MSRP for $770 a month upfront was first DMV

2 Likes

The Armada and QX80 might be the most poorly packaged vehicles in the history of the industry.

If OP is looking for good utilization of space, this should be bottom of the list.

1 Like

Hermiston, OR has this lightly used 2023 Tahoe. It’s fairly well equipped (Premier with 1LZ). Premier trim means magnetic ride control, which IMO is a must have on these. For some reason they can’t seem to move it.

Just cross your fingers that it doesn’t get stuck in the shop for months, and you’re still on the hook for the payments.

7xx for a 80k car

1 Like

A lifetime warranty for… everything?

Probably some bullshit dealer ad…

https://www.wesleychapelnissan.com/lifetime-warranty/

Maybe just the remote location but does seem like a solid offer. Thanks for the magnetic ride input… not even something I’d considered. Cost of ownership relative to a Toyota/Lexus- comparable?