Fed cut rates, will this benefit car leasing rates?

What are you buying?

Apple, Tesla, oil stock? Biotech?

Bit of everything I guess I should start with the caveat that I am an Algorithmic trader.

Buy SPY and move on with your life? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

https://www.portfoliovisualizer.com/optimize-portfolio

Here you go , have fun maximizing future returns based on past growth at minimum risk etc etc

Canā€™t wait for my house to hit the market tomorrow :confused:

No OHs
Private showings only
And weā€™re moving out for 2 weeks after the last person walks through

2 Likes

You should move out before the first person walks in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Poorly worded

Moving out before the first person arrives and staying out for 2 weeks after the last person leaves :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you wait before going on the market?

I guess Iā€™ll risk getting absolutely roasted on here.

This is the dilemma I am having. I can wait, but houses are still being snapped up really fast (both today and over the weekend). Itā€™s a huge decision I am really struggling with.

Ah hemmā€¦

:robot::crystal_ball:

What have I been saying here for a while now?

How long is ā€œa whileā€?
Iā€™ve seen some saying doom and gloom ever since 2008:slight_smile: missing last 12 years.

Rumor right now is GM preparing 84 month 0 interest loans for purchases.

Update - may start tomorrow.

1 Like

Sure i will get a tahoe LT at 30% discount for 0 percent interest. Usually they take away most discounts with these 0 percent loans

Spoilersā€¦I take enough heat on here when Iā€™m right. I canā€™t just be peddling advice.

I started the doom and gloom watch in late 2018 (when, after the fact, we had 78 or 80 indicators of a bear market but just skimmed the surface), but Iā€™ve been making moves since the Fed started repo interventions in September. A quick look back between calls today and I see:

I was > 80% cash (non-retirement) when I posted this:

Jerome Powellā€™s shows turned out to be hellua sweaty, huh?

But I agree these things are impossible to time precisely or I wouldnā€™t have pushed a few bucks back in a couple weeks ago:

In Feb I was at an airport, waiting for a flight, having a conversation with my parents about risk appetite (they have none) and were they prepared for (something like this). They decided they wanted to pull six figures out of an after-tax account and shovel into a MM fund, and then let their financial planner talk them out of it. Theyā€™re down more then they discussed taking out: be glad you arenā€™t them.

People :poop: on it but couldnā€™t agree more: the VIX to me is the first derivative of behavioral economics (consumer confidence and sentiment).

When people are overly confident they are more likely to take big speculative bets ($TSLA at 900+ anyone?), and when volatility is high and confidence is low they retreat to safety. Except bonds are worthless, the savings rate is $0, Bitcoin looks like an ACME steam roller ran it over.

As someone said last week (@Jrouleau426 ?): donā€™t try and make bets now. Save your cash, wait for the bottom (not the dead cat bounce), and make some smart bets. How I bought Ford under $3 and sold for $12, AMEX in the low $20s and sold for $78 in 2008-2009. Everything that looks safe now is probably still overpriced since itā€™s perceived to be an equity safe haven.

I have not touched my retirement through any of this, only added. on each down day Iā€™ve been down significantly less than any of the indexes. Itā€™s still net positive after all the bleeding.

@Lvs23 arenā€™t you glad you didnā€™t buy Tesla at 500 last week (it was you right?)

5 Likes

Me? Buying Tesla? $500??? NFW! Iā€™m still scarred for life with my first market crash I lived through in 2008 and seen my 401k cut down in half in half a year. I was like WTF!!! Then I learned and read.

I had few putā€™s on it that doubled but it was chicken shit money, so itā€™s not like Iā€™m retiring after that bet.

I was out all cash since Dec 2018 before the first mini crash in Jan 2019. Iā€™ve missed the whole leg up in 2019. But Iā€™m cool with that. Save a ton of nerves not having to repeat the trip down.

2 Likes

which site is this? thx