FCA "Fire Sale"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-20/chrysler-revives-2008-discounts-as-staff-fumes-over-unsold-cars

Anybody actually seeing “hot deals” from FCA?

in on this thread

I’m shopping a pacifica right now for my parents and have noticed dealers offering much bigger discounts now than in the past month or two

Not much helpful info, but this seems like a fantastic deal.

The non movers are getting big discounts. Anything people actually want for reasons other than need a cheap car they don’t have much going on.

2 Likes

I am currently poking around for a deal on a 2020 Ram 1500.

Current example:
27mo/ 10k/mi yr
Laramie Quad cab Hemi 4x4
60% residual
.00077 MF
4500 lease Incentive
Dealer willing to go 20% off msrp without much negotiation
looking at $337/mo all in for a 51k msrp truck

Deals on 1500 are great atm. I can’t find one with Diesel engine and air suspension, otherwise I’d be already singing

I’m offering several deals for Chrysler currently. The limited cherokees are around $300/mo. Wrangler Willys $300, ram Laramie quad cab 400 57k msrp, ram diesel 55k msrp 400/mo. Plus tax tags. They’re def leasing good this month compared to prior months.

1 Like

Perhaps you can verify some info, since Chrysler has bizarre lease terms. On the Pacifica I’m shopping, I’m seeing the same RV for 39 and 42 months, and hearing that acquisition is waved on the 42 month term, but haven’t been able to verify. If that’s true, it drops the payment going from 39 months to 42 months about 10%. Any idea if the acquisition waver is true?

Sounds like a bunch of cars ordered by analytics that have the wrong options, that’s always great.

1 Like

Just in time for the $500 Hellcat leases to start over again maybe? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I don’t buy it. I guess it’s possible McKinsey or IBM built them a defective predictive model on what cars were in demand. But nothing big has changed in the auto market over the past 12-18 months. From the article, why would 20 inch wheels all of a sudden go from being a preferred option to an unwanted option.

Much more likely they had a significant excess factory capacity for less popular cars/equipment and they decided it was better to keep producing cars than do an expensive production draw down. A scenario that historically is not uncommon in auto industry.

Are they? I haven’t found anything great yet. I’d love to get a 1500, but the Tundra is sooo much cheaper, it’s ridiculous. I want to get a 1500 in 2020, but I also want a decently well equipped one for like $350 sign and drive.

Oh I’m sure it’s flawed, or a supplier has an excess of whatever parts and cuts a sweet deal to clear it out

1 Like

Anyone having in luck in NY Metro area. Not really in need of a car but for a good deal, I might consider it.

“ram diesel 55k msrp 400/mo” from above looks okey to me.

I think we should have a negative equity challenge with Dodge Journey (or really any FCA product since it’s all trash no one wants anyway)

5 Likes

It’s so much cheaper because it’s so archaic.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I completely agree and I think the RAM is a much better truck. However, you can get a decent Tundra for like $280/mo sign and drive. That’s like for a $49k sticker truck.

If I could get a RAM with decent equipment for $350/mo sign and drive, I’m in.

1 Like

Lots of great FCA products, but vehicles like the Dodge Journey are not one of them.

A Chrysler Pacifica is more comfortable and better to drive than lots of luxury SUVs – could be an opportunity to negotiate some aggressive dealer discounts on those. The Hybrid Pacifica in particular is a real fantastic vehicle. Not many options out there to take care of all your errands around town using 0 gas yet you can still take the car on roadtrips.

2 Likes