FCA "Fire Sale"

I’m definitely in the market for one of the hybrids, my 2008 SUV is killing me on gas.

1 Like

Made good progress on a Pacifica limited today. 14.9% pre-incentive discount.

1 Like

I’m curious how much of a discount you could get on a hybrid. There is already the $7,500 federal tax rebate and now the base hybrid is just under $40k.

Issue with the hybrids is there are so few of them out there right now

1 Like

Yeah, that’s definitely true. Only 17 within 100 miles of me and lowest MSRP on those is $48k.

I’m surprised there are that many. A few weeks ago there were two in the whole us.

Metro Detroit

Quick pass on local dealer:
2020 1500 big horn
MSRP: $52,205
27mo/ 12k/mi yr
$375 a month with only DAS.

Plan on reaching out and trying to dig that down a bit more. Leasing a lot better this month.

2 Likes

Single email back, they offered $340. Curious how low they are willing to go… Also noticed tonsssss of weird specs on there lot. almost 220 RAM trucks.

What does that mean?? DAS can be ANYTHING or NOTHING.

$1166 - waiting to hear on exact breakdown.

Another Metro Detroit Dealer… Waiting on official breakdown.

2020 Ram 1500 Laramie
MSRP $54.5
27mo / 12k mile
$343.50
DAS (don’t have official breakdown, most likely sub $1200)

I will update once received.
EDIT: DAS $1048.38

1 Like

Lol because “consultants” are not as good at predicting things as they think they are! I’ve known lots of consultants and it cracks me up that they’ll go from one project on a south American airline (goes out of business after millions in consulting fees) to a completely different project in a different industry altogether (like energy markets). It’s such a con. Mitt Romney hired millions of dollars of consultants for his presidential campaign and their get out the vote program completely crashed on election day leaving them high and dry.

The best consultants ever were “the bobs” from office space

20" wheels look cartoonist on certain vehicles and perform significantly worse in every way than their smaller counterparts

1 Like

Yeah consultants can be overpaid buffons re strategic advice.

But I am talking about a modeling software. You look at what sold over the past 18 months and use that to see what cars and trucks/option package are popular in different places. Yeah the numbers you can sell are variable but what options are popular should not change that much on a continuing model.

Re the 20 inch rims when dealers want trucks with the cheaper 18 inches rims - maybe FCA ignored the modeling software and put the 20 inch rims on trucks since there is a big profit margin on the upgraded rims.

I’ve done work with modeling software and find that, in my experience, more often then not the problem is people don’t like the outputs so they ignore it. Of course, the data in could be flawed or the software could be flawed but I’m guessing the problem here was FCA didn’t like the data that said put the cheaper wheels on trucks and ignored it, aiming to make extra profit through the 20 inch rim upgrade.

1 Like