F-150 Lightning... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

It appears the notices are going out tonight to ICE orders as well. It is likely just a mass email to all open orders without much meaning.

I got that email above and few days later they sent me my Vin number

https://www.lightningowners.com/threads/dealer-switch-or-no.880/#post-7028

Some big brain lightning orderers are playing around with switching orders to dealers with short lines (regardless of ADM), securing the build spot, and then switching last minute to their desired dealer.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

My 5/19/2021 reservation wants to do this. But what’s the best way to find a dealer with short lines? Call them all?

I guess! Either calling or sending out a mass email.

Spoke w/ my dealer today and the build target from my 1/20 order changed from 5/30 to 6/10…

However, the site is now correctly rendering pictures of my build:

6 Likes

1 Like

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/05/11/f-150-rivian-hummer-how-electric-pickups-stack-up.html

Didn’t Ford stop these crazy markups?
In addition to a 20k ADM, they go for the throat on $60 for Gas…on an EV?
Only in Canada I guess

1 Like

First F-150 Lightning on Rodo… Click bait or otherwise.

Also we now have entries in the MMR tool for Lightning, although no transactions.

2 Likes
1 Like

Interesting data on May sales from Ford, including Lightning update.

FORD ELECTRIC VEHICLES POST NEW RECORD – MACH-E DELIVERS BEST EVER SALES PERFORMANCE; F-150 LIGHTNING RECORDS FIRST SALES; FORD U.S. SHARE EXPANDS 3.5 PERCENTAGE POINTS; F-SERIES SALES UP 6.9 PERCENT IN MAY

Sales of the F-150 Lightning are underway. At the end of May, dealers took delivery and sold
201 F-150 Lightnings, with many more in transit as volumes continue to ramp up. More than 75 percent of the people who have reserved an F-150 Lightning are new to Ford, according to reservation data.

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North%20America/US/2022/06/02/ford-2022may-sales.pdf

1 Like

Ford selling more Ecosports than any single Lincoln model last month is certainly a vibe.

if you’re looking to relax you can go hide out in a lincoln dealership. they’re graveyards with leather seats at this point.

1 Like

I’ve heard quotes through SunRun for Charge Station and generator use are close to, and in some cases can exceed, $10K. Meanwhile you can get the Charge Station, by itself, from Ford for $1310. Looks like considerable extra expense to get generator use.

$10k? that’s insane.

Not really, a full Tesla Power Wall install with Permits is about $14k (Non solar)

Im sure its an automatic transfer switch set up, which is never cheap.

The compliant on the Ford forum is that the ER battery option, which was already an expensive upgrade, was supposed to include the charge station, which it does, but not installation. So after paying for the ER upgrade you will still need to budget another $10K for the complete charge station install.

I am glad I stuck w/ the SR and the mobile power cord.