F-150 Lightning... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

Ford wants to know that as well, i heard about no resell agreements being mentioned?

Dealers have the option and are recommended to add no-sale provisions but it’s not mandated by Ford

1 Like

That would be a very “low” estimate. If they had done any market research, they would have known that EV buyers are looking for a an EV truck & the conversion rate would definitely would have been higher

Personally i don’t mind waiting for 2nd or 3rd gen…

Honestly I want All 3 Gens…lol
1st Gen, expect that to be lemoned after a year but will be tons of fun.
2nd Gen, I expect to wreck that after I celebrate too much after replacing the 1st.
3rd Gen, the stable one…lol

2 Likes

I think you confused Ford with Chevy but yea this is def going to need a few generations.

1 Like

I called up my Ford dealer today, wanted to talk to my regular salesman about getting into a Mach-E now since I got the “sorry but not sorry” email from Ford about the Lightning.

And… he tells me he just had a F150 cancellation and can offer me the order slot, if I take the exact build. The truck is scheduled to to built May 30. Here is the build sheet: I think I just got very lucky!!

Truck is offered at MSRP plus a $454 doc fee plus motor vehicle fees. Requires a $1000 deposit.

9 Likes

Nothing wrong with that build. Congrats even if you keep it or flip it !

1 Like

What was that email about? I’ve got a order that I placed in Wave 1 (originally reserved exactly when they opened the reservation system), but I don’t have a build date yet. It’s the basic Pro model though, and those don’t seem to be prioritized yet.

2 Likes

The only thing it’s missing for my use is any of the towing package upgrades.

I was on the fence with the extended battery anyway.

Same email that was posted by @justsharing earlier. See

From this thread we now have a Lariat and a XLT with a 5/30 build date, but nothing on Pro.

2 Likes

5/23 here … will see … 2022 is nothing but curveballs with delays

2 Likes

Got it, thank you! I was concerned that they were informing folks who’ve already put their order in that they’re moved to next year. Still hoping that all orders that were placed will be produced still this year. I’ll update here if I get any update from Ford.

Whats the issue here :joy:

I rather have Ford take their sweet time building it so we have better chance of new tax rebate getting passed in congress.

It’s interesting that my experience suggests that the Ford SA has the discretion to handle a cancelled order and pick a substitute buyer. My reservation is from October/21 (11280105), I am sure many people are ahead of me in the reservation list. I’ve bought cars from him before, a few years ago, so a good customer, but not amazing. I do also have a reservation at the dealership, but otherwise nothing special… I’ve got it locked up now with an order deposit.

2 Likes

Best deal everyone is getting is at MSRP?

I heard Chapman was offering 3% off MSRP – but they have no allocations available. Instead, if you contact them, they will try to sell you a reservation on consignment. For a Platinum they wanted $144K.

There is no X-plan on Lightning, but I hear they do have an employee plan. That probably the best case.

And I have a VIN!

1 Like

Any idea what they were offering on Ford’s in general?

I think it’s very model dependent.

Generally, X-Plan is 0.4% below invoice, so you are looking to meet or beat that price.

When I inquired about Mach1 in Dec. 21 they were at 3% under invoice. They changed their Jeep discount many times so just contact Tom when you’re ready.

Delay emails going out.

1 Like