F-150 Lightning... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

GM has told its suppliers they intend to increase first year production of Hummer EV.

Hummer EV from 3,800 units this year to 21,000.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/gm-plans-six-fold-increase-2022-electric-truck-suv-production-sources-2022-02-08/

1 Like

Not a good look. At least develop a devoted fan base before you start screwing your customers.

Your Lightning is now a ‘Model E’

I’m confused by this darned thing. I just emailed the salesperson I got my Mach E from. Anyway, curious if y’all think the Pro Power, or whatever it is called, would be an in-demand add-on. My gut says an XLT standard range with the power pack for $55,739 would be a good flip if obtained early enough.

I’ll believe it when I see it. Worked for a supplier previously and GM’s ideas and plans have been great but the execution and marketing have been really subpar.

That $100k+ starting price for the edition 1s is a bit of a deterrent. I think the hype will come back once they’re on the road and the cheaper trims become available.

Woohoo!

and got the VIN.

15 Likes

2022 order invitations are all out so if you didn’t get your invitation to order you’re going to be waiting for 2023 MY

Got the same thing. I went ahead and cancelled mine to get the $100 back. I don’t feel like I am missing out on much.

1 Like

i feel like that more and more specially the way the pricing is currently.

https://twitter.com/MikeWayland/status/1502107838356897815

Wow.

1 Like

Wow is right. I reserved the day they opened orders. Was hoping to jump to EV this year too.

I would think some spots open upon cancellation. I still haven’t made up my mind on it.

I got the “sorry not this year” email.

I got a ‘get ready for your truck by installing an EVSE’, followed by another email saying they goofed, and ‘no need to do anything, sorry’ emails. Must have gotten calls.

Apparently they had a 47% conversion rate, which is clearly way higher than they expected.

Is that a high rate? Genuinely wondering. Less then half doesn’t seem so crazy.

What were they expecting? 10%?

Yea that’s a very high rate. 10% and under is pretty normal especially when it’s only a small amount of money to reserve($100 in this case).

I think the question is how many people are buying just to resell.

I’ve been waiting for these to start showing up at auction but so far, nothing.

I’m guess they haven’t started delivering orders yet?