F-150 Lightning... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

And open up about 1/2 of the orders for real people as the flippers are going to cancel

1 Like

so let’s say you buy it for cash in a non-tax state???

1 Like

It just says ford may sue you…that is really not going to happen but who’s going to be the first person who finds out?

No sale provision

if it’s your car free and clear, unencumbered, nobody can tell you what to do with your property.

1 Like

Sure up to the point where the buyer / the broker / and or the dealer get blacklisted.

Dealers may add. I’m sure some will and some won’t.

I ran across this in my Jeeps. First one was fine, second had a signed agreement saying I wouldn’t sell in 6 months (not a huge issue since I’m keeping it).

At the very least, a lightning that is purchased and driven for a year would probably still yield really high resale value/flip potential at the end of that year. This is a looooong wait list.

John Cena disagrees

Blue Oval is many things, but they don’t play

3 Likes

I think uncumbered is the key word.

If the provision is in the contract then it is a legal contract one is signing…so they can tell you what to do within the limits of the contract you signed

Ordered mine yesterday as part of Wave 2. Ford has really cocked up the ordering process. No ADM from my dealer.

2 Likes

Wow! First confirmed order I’ve heard of… What trim did you build and how long to get it?

The Pro trim is “sold out”. Not much of a surprise since they clearly made the Pro trim to advertise a BEV truck for under $40k. So went for the next one up, the XLT

I did Antimatter blue with standard range and pro power onboard. The LR is 100% not worth the near $15k premium and unlikely to make any of that back in resale.

MSRP after destination and delivery came to a cool $55k and change. Most of that funded by 4XE flips, thanks @vinny :smiley:

No dealer markup at mine.

4 Likes

Did you have an early reservation??? Sounds like a nice build.

I presume you will get the $7500 federal rebate?

Yup, $7500 from Fed and $2000? POS rebate from NY but I think that will depend on when I actually get it.

I got the reservation within a minute of them opening IIRC but it seems like a lottery.

No emails from Ford but got a missed call from the dealer today.
Are we keeping the orders or wait for Chevy’s EV truck with longer range.

Well the Chevy isn’t due for at least 2 years.

Thinking of converting my $100 reservation to fund Tread Lightly, and get a sub $300/mo Gladiator instead. I could die before I see a Lightning arrive, without hysterical markups.

All the press from 3 weeks ago said Spring 2023, that is basically a little over a year.

Thats the 100k sold out truck right?

I have gotten reached out by my dealer with no specific iinformation so it’s just waiting game for now…