F-150 Lightning... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

Configurator is up.

https://shop.ford.com/configure/f150-lightning/

Pricing is nuts. Minimum 72k for an extended battery? 90k for a Platinum?

4 Likes

Wow what a price diff…$710/m to 960/month range.

That is a bummer.

I think this is a good thing for rivian lol

I’m not that surprised by the pricing. MSRP on my current 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali was $73K. Keep in mind the $7500 federal rebate. Plus, in NJ, there will be no sales tax on this truck, which is a substantial savings.

I want to know what the lease program will look like. Ford has a bad history here.

1 Like

They totally jacked up the pricing due to the market. People will pay it anyways. Easy money, but will bite them in the ass in 2-3 years when inventory is plentiful and these trucks are overpriced.

2 Likes

Even with the rebate that’s still 65k for a mid range truck with cloth seats. Also the pro version can’t be ordered with the extended battery unless you are a fleet owner. So you’ll need to pay to play for extended range that’ll tank in cold weather/when towing.

Wow…pages and pages of angry $100 reservists, there will be a huge clawback tomorrow.

Count on Ford to botch every. Single. Launch.

6 Likes

Under 40K, over 300 miles…as Greta would say, ‘bla bla blah’. 75K and still has cloth…smh

90k for a Ford pick up truck LoL…

No thanks .

2 Likes

Denali vs XLT…

True but that doesn’t mean that the pricing isn’t out of whack.

Adding extended battery should not be a $20k option.

P.S. - Maybe they were forgot the 12.5k credit is not law just yet.

2 Likes

I think the extended range increase on the XLT is a little misleading as it also adds a $10k option package. I need to play wit it some more, but yeah, I am a bit shocked at the pricing. Makes any version of the TRX seem cheap.

1 Like

Yeah i tried to go with standard battery & remove (312A) option but when you change to extended battery, the only way to add it is with 312A option.

See screenshot above.

They will weed out a few the non-truck buyers.
Hitting that 100k mark puts them into EQS space …

Equally annoying is the Pro will only have about 500 units THIS YEAR. Ya’ll who want to spend your right kidney and left nut can have at it!

Ford gotta make every chip available counts … higher margin units ftw!

2 Likes

Ruh roh for the flippers on this forum

3 Likes

No flipping!!!

Probably a W for consumers tbh

1 Like