F-150 Lightning... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

I have a reservation, not a particularly early one, but have not had my dealer contact me at all with regards to placing an order. I’m certainly not interested in a mark-up over MSRP, I was expecting X-plan pricing at worst. Ford really missed a window here, with the new Chevrolet Silverado EV now announced and reservations opening in Jan.

Hmmm do I use X-Plan to get a Ford or wait and use Supplier to get a GM…decisions decisions.

Get both and see what happens.

1 Like

Wife would KILLLLLL me…lol, she already hates that we have 4 cars. 6 might be grounds for a divorce.

Don’t leave Rivian out… At this point I’ll take the first traditional EV pickup truck I can get.

1 Like

My dads annoyed that I keep choosing cars that are loud af stock. So I feel your pain on a much lower level.

At this point I’m just trying to piss off my hoa president.

1 Like

I just spoke with my dealer and they are saying order banks won’t open until Jan, unless that just means they have no Dec allocations.

1 Like

I got this from Ford today

4 Likes

Looks like no Lightning for me this year.

Got same email, but going to wait it out a bit to see how dealerships are handling markups. We can change our reserving dealers, correct?

I got that same email yesterday. Oddly, my reservation doesn’t show up in my account so I called Ford and they said they were able to locate it.

I called my local dealer and they said they won’t be marking up above msrp. They also said they won’t know there allotment until orders open.

For what it’s worth, there’s an F150 Lightning forum that lists dealers in every state and weather they have ADMs or not.

4 Likes

“Koons Ford in Falls Church - ADM Added:
If you would like to be one of the first 25 orders there will be a $30,000 market adjustment.​
All other orders will have a $10,000 market adjustment to the MSRP.​
We will not be honoring any plan pricing at this time.​
The additional deposit required is $5,000 and will go towards the purchase of your vehicle.​
If you choose to cancel or not proceed with your order the deposit will be forfeited.​”
:astonished:

We need a list of stock cars that are loud…

1 Like

Chapman’s is 3% under invoice.

On lightning?

To my surprise, i just got contact from my Ford dealer regarding the lightning reservation.

Haven’t called back yet but let’s see what he got to see tomorrow

2 Likes

False alarm. It was just giving me an update that they don’t know when the order banks will open.

1 Like

https://electrek.co/2021/12/30/ford-dealers-taking-advantage-strong-demand-f150-lightning-marking-up/

There is a long list of dealers doing msrp on Lightning forums.

Untill they make enough inventory these will the stories here & there …& everywhere…

Until people refuse to pay these absurd market adjustments…dealers will keep asking