F-150 Lightning... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

Need some dimes over here in SoCal. :slight_smile:

If you REALLY need it asap, expand your radius. Include Norcal/AZ/NV too. If you can wait stick to SoCal. That’s the way it is now unfortunately.

It’s not really speed or distance…it’s blessings.

Even in neighboring areas… I haven’t really seen any (even used) that aren’t marked up.

But… I have to admit that I haven’t looked too hard other than my local dealers (who still call me and tell me there is a $10k bump).

I have an F-150 lightning lariat SR MSRP order. Even with the confirmed $7,500 tax credit, should I cancel the order since I was planning on using this for a filler before my Rivian comes?

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

My parents went to the dealer today to pick up their 23 PRO. Dealer was unaware of the price protection process to convert my pricing from 23MY to 22MY. I asked the dealer to get in touch with their regional rep to clear up the confusion.

I know loads of people on the Lightning forum encountered this issue. Anyone on here had this issue happen to them?

Wow… is this a small town dealer. I think your dealer is being shady. Ford dealers completely understand price protection and private offers now. They deal with price protection for Broncos, Mach-Es, etc.

Yeah I am still waiting to hear back from the dealer on the status. My take is that if they were trying to mark up the price, they would have done so by now.

Hoping I get an update soon. I called Ford Motor Co and their rep was not that helpful. Basically told me that pricing is determined by Dealer which sounds shady right? I placed a build deposit/order on a specific MSRP and they’re struggling to give me the agreed upon MSRP.

If their truck just came in they likely don’t qualify for price protection. That stopped a while ago. Mine arrived at dealer 1-2 months ago and I was outside the window. The dealer should be able to tell in two seconds using their Smart Vincent program.

How did you get notified that price protection stopped applying 1-2 months ago?

When I ordered the truck, I got the message below texted to me from Ford. Based on this my pricing should still reflect 22MY.

Had to be converted to an actual order by 9/30. Ford sucks.

Look just above the chart for the 9/30 date

Oh gotcha. Yeah mine was def converted by 9/30. My order was placed 8/19/22

Agree with the statement about Ford though. Can’t believe I have to jump through all of these hoops to get the pricing that I agreed to at order.

Dealer should be able to see in Smart Vincent then. I called Ford customer service and they told me I didn’t qualify. You could call them too.

I did call Ford. All they told me was that pricing is determined by dealer (meaning I’m being held at the mercy of the dealer).

Overall the process sucks. Ford Motor Co tells me one thing, dealer is telling me another. I wonder what’s the incentive for the dealer to play nice with me? On a business level, the dealers best interest is for me to back out of the deal so they can sell my PRO to someone else for an MSRP of $55K. Why would they ever decide to honor my $46k MSRP?

Just a data point for others. Getting price protection and the 7k rebate was a draining process. Dealer at first was very persistent that they would not give me any price protection on my parents Lightning PRO order. It took me 3 weeks with the help of Ford Motor Co to get me Price Protection + Rebate

50k out the door for a brand new PRO though is a deal. Really wish I entered two reservations instead of the one for my parents.

5 Likes

I still get chills when I think of my Lightning I had about 6 months ago.

A fantastic truck that is smooth, quiet, and comfortable but the bloated price tag and the terrible cold-weather range is a hard pass for me.

At least they have charging infrastructure figured out as of next year! That was another big problem here in the northeast.

For a hamburger today, you can get an XLT in 4 months:

https://electrek.co/2023/06/08/ford-bolsters-f-150-lightning-xlt-production-order-today-september/

You can also get a Rivian R1T Same-Day Prime at the Normal, IL factory. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The hype on these really died quickly.

1 Like

How is this car in real life? Have any of you guys had one for a while? Any quality issues and real life range?

Cold weather eats up range. If you live in a cold climate it might not be for you

1 Like