F-150 Lightning... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

Do you have any info on the Lightning Pro? Are any of those being sold at auction?

There are four at MSRP at my local Nashville dealer (all over 80k sticker).

‘23 Lightning Lariat or Platinum both are now $4k under MSRP @ a local dealer here in NH

Also, a different local dealer has a NEW sub-$80k ‘22 Lariat for $2k under MSRP (qualifies for $7500 EV rebate)

2 Likes

Multiple Dealers have been contacting to buy “platinum” trim non-reservation models.

I got my email inviting me to order today.

This is the cheapest XLT I can order

Pretty sure it’s a hard pass at MSRP.

3 Likes

You think at in June thru Dec. It will be eligible for tax credit?

I remember the pro was $39k when it got released.

3 Likes

No Way Do Not Want GIF

A couple of demo 22 Lariat ERs are still tempting me. I thought Ford would cut prices but instead the bastards have raised them. MMR is still bad on the Lariat ERs, right?

Would you even buy it if you got 10% dealer discount and they decided to pass through the $7500 on top?

I’m in the same boat, got asked to place my order yesterday.

Ford doesn’t pass the credit onto leases, and even if they did, they have a broomstick up their ass over lease buyouts and transfers.

Only realistic option is to purchase, which will create a hefty tax bill considering the bloated MSRP’s. The fact that these are piling up at dealer inventories and tanking at auctions really demonstrates nobody… not even the moderately uneducated… is clawing at them.

The big three… always find a way to mess things up. :us:

5 Likes

I got the email yesterday to place my order. I looked at the MSRPS of the Trims and I said “HELL NO” and canceled my reservation. They bugging! I made my reservation wanting to get the Pro at $45k and they do not even offer anything near that price range

2 Likes

The worse thing is the prices jumped only ONE model year after.

If demand wasn’t so high they would not do this (look at the reversals on the Mach-E).

We will see what happens in a few years when there are more EV trucks out… and then Elon starts doing pricing shenanigans with the CyberTruck. :slight_smile:

My issue is they have completely devalued the whole reservation system. Almost 550 days after I placed my initial reservation, I have the opportunity to buy a vehicle at a price worse then what I can get for an in-stock unit, walking in off the street. My reservation deposit was returned a long time ago, but what a disappointing experience.

6 Likes

It seems everybody who received the invitation to order one now is passing. I will do the same.

Anyone is supposed to be able to order a Lightning today on ford.com… even if you don’t have a reservation.

I tried it… seems to work because asking me for a $1500 reservation.

No Pros, but XLT on up is available.

I was really tempted to get one but I think my one year with the Silverado appeased my back-in-the-day truck cravings.

You can find pretty much any trim new on dealer’s lots now. Some will even discount below MSRP.

Here is a Pro: 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro in Hackensack, NJ | New York City Ford F-150 Lightning | All American Ford of Hackensack

I don’t see the point of subjecting yourself to Ford’s reservation system at this point.

3 Likes

Less inventory in Cali… can’t find a Pro… might find an XLT with many many blessings.

Can confirm. Received an email this morning saying I could order “my” lightning. Gave me a good morning chuckle since these are dime a dozen-ish like @z0lt3c said.

1 Like