F-150 Lightning... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

lot of youtube video’s about how Lightning range drops like a rock even towing a empty trailer.

1 Like

Mine is in transit to the dealership. Between price increases, not honoring price protection and not qualifying for federal rebate, I’m not going to buy it.

I’m not towing. I need the large covered bed or covered cargo area (R1S) to haul my hobby stuff. Other folks tow large trailers to flying fields but I’m not that insane… yet.

I think I will just be patient and skip the Lightning. A truck cap is another $6K.

General consensus is these are now bad for a flip correct? My October order just arrived to the dealer today. Market for 22s does not look pretty, so I can assume these aren’t a good idea either.

You going to be like that one guy trying to sell here😂
Life Drowning GIF

2 Likes

Lmao :rofl: I read the thread, def do not want to get stuck with this

1 Like

You got this gif on speed dial :joy:

4 Likes

No recall or stop-sale, but Lightning production halted for battery issue

1 Like

Seems odd that they would stop production and shipping, but not sales.

It’s just now hitting the news that production has been stopped for a week. Other than “we are doing a root cause analysis” nothing specific, which makes me suspicious that they don’t know much more than “failed QC” - yet.

Sales for a Lightning ? They probably have enough orders in queue for 3 years when the platform is replaced.

Ford still isn’t saying why, but they think they’ve found the cause and implementing the fix could take several weeks

Now we know :fire::battery:

https://thehill.com/changing-america/sustainability/energy/3861082-ford-halts-production-shipments-of-electric-f-150-after-battery-fire/amp/

1 Like

GM: Hey Ford, we have some uh… overstock batteries if you need them.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Explosion Reaction GIF

1 Like

Anyone have MMR data on 22 Lariat SR? How bad is it?

Another battery issue discovered that may prevent some F-150 Lightnings from shifting into drive…

1 Like

These legacy automakers are like kindergartners with EV tech.

Right around 70 last I checked and they’re going :chart_with_downwards_trend:

I wouldn’t touch one right now

3 Likes

bUt MikE HeRe iN cAlIfornIA dEaLerS stIlL aSkInG 1o l5 OVeR