F-150 Lightning... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

Dang! They are only getting to May reservations now …

1 Like

Just saw my first one out in the wild…it was so pretty.

Newman!! :slight_smile:

Lariant +10k, yay or nay? I am leaning towards passing

I’m assuming this is an SR

If tax state ? Then no.

If tax free state, then at 10k over you might be able to enjoy it for a little while and still break even.

Nay, by the time you get your plates it will be underwater.
The used car market is in a landslide.

Lariat MMR is now under $90K. I suspect offers on SR’s will be in the $80K to $82K range.

2 Likes

I’m absolutely stoked seeing how quickly car prices are dropping. At this rate, we might be able to score a decent deal by march.

2 Likes

I struggled to get low 80s on my $72k sticker lariat standard range. Most dealers up in here in Mass wanted nothing to do with it. Ended up finding an out of state dealer (with some help) to give me 84k.

1 Like

And possibly a recommitment to Pros.

i dont think you’re right here. the transactions are a mix of SR and extended range. an SR won’t be 80-82k…

Agreed

And only 3 transactions are under 86500 including a 7xxx mile junker

Regionally there is some softness for sure. But there are also super :hot_face: regions

I was literally laughing when I read this. Not the internet “lol” but a real old fashioned pre-2000s lol.

If you look at the SR’s currently listed on Manheim, you can buy one, right now, for $85K to $88K.

The Lariat MMR has receded about 9% since launch (from $97K to $90K). Apply this to peak reported SR values and you are around $81K.

Last SR sold on Cars&Bids for $75,022 (ouch)

Finally, it’s not hard to find a new SR at MSRP+$10K given all the allocations made available to Ford dealers as blue stickers. Not sure why anyone would pay more then $82K for a used SR.

2 Likes

I think that’s fair and don’t disagree with it.

Side note-

For the Lightnings, I’m not looking to make a ton on the front of the transaction. If it’s $5K I can live with it because of the tax credit and reducing my liability. This will help offset the proceeds from this year in a way many cannot take advantage of after 1/1/23

1 Like

I just sold my 55k msrp XLT for 71k to GMTV. It was picked up from my driveway and being brought straight to Manheim in PA. I’m curious to see what it sells for. I’m guessing around $74k.

This makes me sad. Can’t even find an XLT here in SoCal and you got one with such a small markup. :frowning:

1 Like

Does the lightning get $7500 credit next year?

Therr are 0 vehicles confirmed to get any credit next year, however, many of the lightning trums exceed the msrp cap and it doesnt sound like ford will meet the sourcing requirements…

So probably not

1 Like

2 Likes