F-150 Lightning... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

$10k discounts off MRSP? Or off the markup prices?

It’s doubtful… Ford has increased their 2023 models by around $10k and with most people not being eligible for the Fed credit in 2023 due to income limits, they are still buying it (reservations/orders according to one of the Lightning forums is still full until 2024).

It’s basically the Elon Musk strategy… keep raising prices until people stop paying it.

I’m wondering if anyone has any insight on my order. My order date is 6/10/2021. On 9/2/2022 I got an email asking me to “Help us plan for your F-150 Lightning order”. I filled out the survey and indicated that I wanted an extended range Lariat. Now, when I log into my Ford account is says “your reservation for the all new ford F-150 Lightning XLT”. I was expecting to get an email from Ford offering to extend my reservation and pricing but I haven’t heard anything since responding to the email survey.

Got this email today from Ford on the status of my 10/2021 reservation.
It say the Pro is not available and, between the lines, the XLT is limited.

I got the survey as well, but no invitation to order.
When your order comes up, you will have to pay the prevailing price.
You can cancel your reservation at any time for a refund.
Ford is saying all reservation holders will have the opportunity to order no later then Summer of 2023.

1 Like

Edit. Got same email…it was in spam

Thank you, I just got the email this morning. I’m super frustrated because I spoke with Ford customer service a month ago and they said I would get price protection and an offer to extend my reservation by the end of September but it never came. Salesperson at the dealer also hasn’t returned my call from last week. Between losing the EV rebate and the price increase there’s almost zero chance I will be buying the truck. I’m having trouble seeing why anyone would.

I was only interested in the Pro, so it looks like a dead deal for me, and will be getting my deposit back. They of course changed the game despite signaling they would balance the roll out, and are opting for the highest margin to fill its pipeline, and I think they shot themselves in the foot. An old Ford guy (own a 70 and 75 F250’s) but beginning in the 2000’s I became a Ram guy, and this EV Truck was my only hope to enter back into this brand. So it goes.

1 Like

23 Lariat SR starts at $75K and you can still get $80K for it pretty easily… makes sense for me, but I am in a no sales tax state (NJ)

Seems like the East Coast has more available at lower markups than here in California.

No non-ordered Lariat that I’ve seen has been $80k… everyone wants at least $20k markup.

@NorCalHackr ICE Super Crew XLTs run around $45-55k (Lariats start at $55k) so a 2023 XLT Lightning for $59k (if you can get it) is still a pretty good price for an EV truck.

Rivians start at over $70k and it’s doubtful the CyberTruck will even have a less than $50k model. I am even doubting that Chevy will still be able to hit that $40k Work Truck price point.

I was shooting for the ER Lariat. Dealer said they would do MSRP.

BigNerd is referring to finding an in-stock unit without an order. (over MSRP)

NorCalHackr, Alphwawe and I are talking about reservations converting to orders. (at MSRP)

Yes… if you have an order and dealer is charging you MSRP, you should stick, even with the 2023 price increase (which I’ve read that Ford will price protect your 2022 prices but I guess that’s not for sure).

People like me without a reservation can’t even get in line until 2024 so there will be some value protection for at least a year.

But the problem I see is that there are no Pros available in the order queue and I think XLTs are also running out? At the Lariat range… I wouldn’t want to spend that but… I think you can flip a Lariat because demand is so high.

Any body know if Ford is allowing lease buyouts on Lightning’s

Lease before June 15, 2022, YES, leases after this date, NO. Don’t lease.

Updated Lariat MMR

1 Like

Got the order email from Ford today. Lowest available trim is the Lariat. :unamused:

2 Likes

Got my email today and placed my order :stuck_out_tongue:

When did you guys get your reservation in?

got mine too, what options did you go with?

Lariat comes pretty loaded

placed mine 5/20/21

Lariat with 0 options.

I ordered on Day 1

1 Like

Placed mine 5/19/21