F-150 Lightning... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

Maybe half credit? GM’s Mary Barra already has stated GM is looking at 3 years until they can meet minimums for full $7500 credit. I am sure just about every brand is looking at the same timeline.

Right now zero guidance has been give for 2023.

3 Likes

The correction is starting to accelerate for the Lightning/Lariat.

2 Likes

Good! Maybe I’ll get a crack at one before the year ends for close to MSRP. Best I can do right now on an in-stock Lightning is $7k over.

Any educated guess to whether these trucks are all standard or extended range?

Even worse when you realize he almost didn’t buy it because it had some markup.
Though following his posts the value jumped from $69 to 71k in like 6 weeks.

Historically – most of the ones that sell @ Manheim are extended range. Very few standard range.

Although, I just looked at active listing and there are more standard range then I’ve ever seen before. That said they seem to peak at $85K so I still think most of the reported sales are ER.

1 Like

Wow! Good news for me. I’m not a flipper just someone who wants one to keep

Appears my reservation number has come up to place an order, but I don’t think I’m going to. The ER Lariat starting at $86K makes little sense to me at that price point.

3 Likes

Lightning resale looks likes it dead at this point

Used car market is in a really odd place right now. Trade-ins values are coming in very low, while used vehicle inventory pricing remains high. Dealers no longer want to overpay for cars, on the other hand they can’t lower prices of vehicles they paid astronomical prices for. I was looking up Tesla values last night, they have tanked.

2 Likes

Just got the e-mail I can order now. What is the hot configuration now? I do want to try the truck out. Not looking for profit, but not looking for loss either.

I ordered a Lariat ER with max tow in Azure Grey during the last wave. Blend date is tomorrow

I don’t think there’s any way to get out of one without a loss if you were to get a new one at MSRP+tax today. I would guess a Lariat with the larger battery is what most people would look for.

Yeah, seems like a risk at the current prices. Maybe if I didn’t already have a truck, but I like my Tacoma just fine.

Ford originally had my build week as 12/18. Now its moved up to 11/28. Glad to see it move forward vs backward :slight_smile:

Anybody have a recent valuation of a Lariat SR to share?

I am thinking offers are gonna be under $80K, perhaps even $75K?

I dont think any of those are SR except for the one on 11/1 with 1176 miles that sold for $75,693

2 Likes

my modules popped

2 Likes

Got my email 11/15 and placed my order the same day. Got an email the next day with VIN saying my truck is scheduled for production on 12/5. Lariat ER - MSRP $88,224. Dealer is selling at MSRP and says I will get a price protection rebate of $8,500, but haven’t actually confirmed in Smart Vincent. Everything I’ve read says you had to order by 9/30 to get the rebate. I’m not buying without it. Thoughts?

2 Likes