F-150 Lightning... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

Can you share details? Msrp and trade in value they gave you? I’m thinking of unloading mine eventually.

Alexa order this man a rope

3 Likes

I’m having way less luck with trying to find a Lightning than the Mach-E.

That’s mostly because I’m only looking for an XLT which is impossible.

What trim was it?

Idk didn’t care to ask cuz its gone but was confirmed to be sold at sticker.

Oddly dude said customer was going back and forth on whether he wanted it which is a no brainer at msrp lol. Hopefully it becomes available again or another one pops up :laughing:

Ouch. But this would hurt less if it was a Platinum as that’s way above what I want to pay.

Ford sold 1,918 Lightnings in the month of September brining yearly total to 8,760.

I have a cash offer for my Ford Lightning XLT for $69.7k. I’ve had it 6 weeks with 950miles. I’d walk away with 10k all said and done since I paid 6.2k over msrp but also have $7500 credit coming to me.

Do you think values will hold over the next 6-9 months? I’d love to trade it in to save on the next cars tax bill but nothing catching my eye right now. I do have a reservation in on Blazer RS Ev which is due summer 2023. Maybe hold it till then…thoughts?

Wanna trade it for a Mach E GT?

Any recs on trying to find a Pro/XLT? I know if anyone knew they would just get one themselves but I’ve been trying for a while now.

It’s harder than finding a Mach-E because Ford doesn’t show Lightning inventory on their site so I have to go to each dealer.

And yes… I’m the dummy who didn’t get a reservation so I have to find one old school.

If you don’t have a need for the vehicle, then cash in now. Hype will die off some in coming months, more EV’s will hit the market including Silverado EV.

Thanks but I’d prolly just hold onto it before getting into a Mach E. I think the trucks will hold their value better over the next 6 months.

I agree. I still have an oct. 2021 reservation that will eventually get to me. I could always buy another with the color/options I want. Should still make out ahead even with price increase and paying ny tax again.

XLT is sold out for ordering until MY2024 and the new MSRP starts at $60K. I am concerned about the Lariat value, but the XLT should stay strong, given how limited the supply.

That 10/21 reservation is basically only good to get a Lariat or Platinum at this point.

1 Like

Wow. I didn’t know that about the XLT’s. I was also shocked sales were lower from Aug to Sept. So much for ramping up capacity.

If I hold for another 6-8 months and value drops to 63-64k I’ll still have roughly 69k worth of value if I trade in for something else due to sales tax offset.

Does anyone have Maverick Lariat MMR?

I got a quote from Vroom for my Lariat SR just for fun.
$64,000 … Couldn’t delete their email fast enough :smiley:

1 Like

how about GMTV? :upside_down_face:

$39k Lightning Pro sees second price hike to $53,769 (including shipping fee).

Give it 6 to 12 months, and we will see $10k+ discounts on these. The demand is cratering due to higher interest rates.