F-150 Lightning... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

You should be able to drive a traditional phev without a charge. Question is, would you be able to operate a Lightning with no charge?

It makes it like most other series hybrid rex applications. i3, karma, etc

Yeah, I suppose. Weren’t they a bit of a flop at the time? Also, I think that was around a decade ago… can we not engineer something better for the Lighting. :man_facepalming:

I had an i3 and I can say the range extender was great. When you have a car that has sh*tty range, the gas engine can technically keep you going forever, as long as you keep putting gas in. Takes away some of the range anxiety
IMO range extender is probably the best option for someone who has never gotten into an EV before.

EVs in general are not ideal for people who don’t have a place to charge at home or work.

The public chargers seem like a horrible option to me. It cost me more significantly money to drive 80 miles after public charging than it would have cost for gas.

I think @zaimer is right in saying that most contractors are not open to the lightning at the moment. There is also the tree-hugging stigma that comes with an EV that some manly men can’t open up to.

I’d rock one, if I could get one.

1 Like

All comes down to what problem youre trying to solve. A removable rex for use when towing, etc seems like a pretty good solution to me.

Very true. It will be interesting to watch how this truck fares (once we get over wave of flippers & keeping up with the Joneses buyers).

Nuh uh! Gas/electric is different from electric/gas [sarcasm].

Not my plan or engineering. Just giving the people “what they want”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

horses for courses. i’m just going off what i’ve personally heard.

I’ve finally reached built status. Hopefully should get a shipping date soon. I have 2 or 3 weeks behind others in my build week, for some reason.

3 Likes

MY2023 Order banks open tomorrow, but for reservation holders only.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/08/2023-ford-f-150-lightning-order-banks-open-tomorrow/

1 Like

LFP cells in '24! I can wait.

Picked mine up last week. No shenanigans at the dealer and no ADM. Got 1.99% for 75 months at my Local CU for 110% financed.

It was a long wait but well worth the hype IMO. The cabin is whisper quiet, significantly quieter than the Etron we had and the ride is very comfortable.

12 Likes

Looks like early reservation holders will get price protection.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the chart, the eligibility info, or how it applies to price protection lol. A’rent the amounts under “private offer” basically the full price increase? I thought people who extended to get the model they want would get a discount off that price increase =/ And what exactly are '22MY orders that transition to 23MY" eligible for? I feel like it can’t be price protection, because that group is going to include like 195,000 reservations and leave almost no one to actually pay the price increase.

The private offer looks to be an incentive equal to the msrp increase amount.

1 Like

ahhh. wow…if that’s what it is, that’s way more generous than I expected

If you have a MY22 order that was converted to MY23
or
You have a Pro reservation from Wave 1 invites
or
You have a XLT reservation from Wave 2 invites
or
You have Lariat reservation from Wave 7 and did not convert to an order
then
You are price protected.
else
You are paying the new price.

Appreciate the breakdown haha. That’s how I read it too…it just doesn’t seem to leave many people at all to pay the increased price.

If unfilled reservations are currently over 195k (200k reserved - 5k built), and even half confirm interest in the model year change over, that’s basically all the trucks they could dream of producing in 2023. So who pays the higher price, just people who buy dealer stock?

Nobody really knows how many reservations are converted to orders in each wave, but there is only 1 wave permitted per Pro/XLT/Lariat trim (and no price protection for Platinum). This is probably only a couple thousand people (not every unfulfilled reservation).

1 Like

I agree for the specific trims that got invites and extended…but the first bullet point seems to include every 2022 reservation holder who didn’t get invited to build and chooses to change over to a 2023 order when asked