F-150 Lightning... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

I’m in the same boat, got asked to place my order yesterday.

Ford doesn’t pass the credit onto leases, and even if they did, they have a broomstick up their ass over lease buyouts and transfers.

Only realistic option is to purchase, which will create a hefty tax bill considering the bloated MSRP’s. The fact that these are piling up at dealer inventories and tanking at auctions really demonstrates nobody… not even the moderately uneducated… is clawing at them.

The big three… always find a way to mess things up. :us:

5 Likes

I got the email yesterday to place my order. I looked at the MSRPS of the Trims and I said “HELL NO” and canceled my reservation. They bugging! I made my reservation wanting to get the Pro at $45k and they do not even offer anything near that price range

2 Likes

The worse thing is the prices jumped only ONE model year after.

If demand wasn’t so high they would not do this (look at the reversals on the Mach-E).

We will see what happens in a few years when there are more EV trucks out… and then Elon starts doing pricing shenanigans with the CyberTruck. :slight_smile:

My issue is they have completely devalued the whole reservation system. Almost 550 days after I placed my initial reservation, I have the opportunity to buy a vehicle at a price worse then what I can get for an in-stock unit, walking in off the street. My reservation deposit was returned a long time ago, but what a disappointing experience.

6 Likes

It seems everybody who received the invitation to order one now is passing. I will do the same.

Anyone is supposed to be able to order a Lightning today on ford.com… even if you don’t have a reservation.

I tried it… seems to work because asking me for a $1500 reservation.

No Pros, but XLT on up is available.

I was really tempted to get one but I think my one year with the Silverado appeased my back-in-the-day truck cravings.

You can find pretty much any trim new on dealer’s lots now. Some will even discount below MSRP.

Here is a Pro: 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro in Hackensack, NJ | New York City Ford F-150 Lightning | All American Ford of Hackensack

I don’t see the point of subjecting yourself to Ford’s reservation system at this point.

3 Likes

Less inventory in Cali… can’t find a Pro… might find an XLT with many many blessings.

Can confirm. Received an email this morning saying I could order “my” lightning. Gave me a good morning chuckle since these are dime a dozen-ish like @z0lt3c said.

1 Like

Need some dimes over here in SoCal. :slight_smile:

If you REALLY need it asap, expand your radius. Include Norcal/AZ/NV too. If you can wait stick to SoCal. That’s the way it is now unfortunately.

It’s not really speed or distance…it’s blessings.

Even in neighboring areas… I haven’t really seen any (even used) that aren’t marked up.

But… I have to admit that I haven’t looked too hard other than my local dealers (who still call me and tell me there is a $10k bump).

I have an F-150 lightning lariat SR MSRP order. Even with the confirmed $7,500 tax credit, should I cancel the order since I was planning on using this for a filler before my Rivian comes?

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

My parents went to the dealer today to pick up their 23 PRO. Dealer was unaware of the price protection process to convert my pricing from 23MY to 22MY. I asked the dealer to get in touch with their regional rep to clear up the confusion.

I know loads of people on the Lightning forum encountered this issue. Anyone on here had this issue happen to them?

Wow… is this a small town dealer. I think your dealer is being shady. Ford dealers completely understand price protection and private offers now. They deal with price protection for Broncos, Mach-Es, etc.

Yeah I am still waiting to hear back from the dealer on the status. My take is that if they were trying to mark up the price, they would have done so by now.

Hoping I get an update soon. I called Ford Motor Co and their rep was not that helpful. Basically told me that pricing is determined by Dealer which sounds shady right? I placed a build deposit/order on a specific MSRP and they’re struggling to give me the agreed upon MSRP.

If their truck just came in they likely don’t qualify for price protection. That stopped a while ago. Mine arrived at dealer 1-2 months ago and I was outside the window. The dealer should be able to tell in two seconds using their Smart Vincent program.

How did you get notified that price protection stopped applying 1-2 months ago?

When I ordered the truck, I got the message below texted to me from Ford. Based on this my pricing should still reflect 22MY.