Did you just buy a Tesla and get quoted crazy insurance?

Ran a quote with them now and it redirected me to esurance. Not good lol hellcat $598… monthly. Nothing going through the hassle to price out a TSLA.

Curiosity got the best of me, so I just ran a quote with my current company for a 2022 MY. It came back at $768 for 6/mo, $1k ded.

For comparison - the 2022 (Charger) Hellcat would be $1,387.

There can be a massive price difference between insuring a car in NYC’s vs cities/ towns surrounding immediately surrounding the five boroughs.
Can be 2-4 times the price

Comparing insurance premiums is probably one of the most pointless topics for discussion (pertaining to vehicles anyway). :sweat_smile:

It can be interesting to see the variances though. :nerd_face:

Yea. just sounds like everyone should check their rate before quickly buying a Tesla, since there seems to be some insurance sticker shock

I do before getting any car since the variance is so wild and seemingly unpredictable.

The least expensive car Ive had to insure in the past 1-2 years? A series of 2021-2022 Camaro LT1🤯

You still have the Smurf LT1?

I miss mine, hope they try to blow out some
More of those this year

A moment of silence for our dear departed Musclesmurf please…I do miss it. It ended up looking like a pretty good 1LE clone.

2 Likes

I always loved that color. Manual - I don’t recall? :crossed_fingers:

Yes, but thanks for my semi-annual reminder to shop my insurance rates

2 Likes

Oddly…i think it looks great on a Camaro, but not so much on a C8. Im not sure why.

A10 for the Smurf…just a fantastic transmission✔️

1 Like

If not a significant savings say 15-20 % I’d suggest staying as they do value customers sticking around and won’t get as much rate creep in the future in my experience

We just got a 30% rate bump, so I’m willing to move atm. We’ve been with them for a year and change, which is a record at this point.

No claims, no accidents, no tickets… just added and removed a few cars in the last cycle.

1 Like

Gotcha but constant switching of insurance is not a good look as you can imagine for potential carriers so they give you a low rate to get you in and then rate creep. Customer s who stick around for 5+ years Ime don’t get such increases ime. Just a piece of advice :grinning:

There is plenty of variance within the boros themselves, I believe Manhattan is the cheapest (or rather less expensive) of them all.

Gotcha, I just ran 5 quotes online - Progressive, Costco, State Farm, Geico, and a requote from Erie and they all came in between $1/month cheaper - $10/month higher. So maybe Ill take you’re advice - if I stick with them longer term, the creep should stop?

Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office

No matter where I get quotes from in NYC. 3 cars and geico is literally half the rate. Even with increases. Maybe its my area or being longterm customer but rates keep me with geico.

In my experience their increases have been smaller than those who frequently switch and often stayed the same. Besides is $10 really worth your time inspecting vehicles again
?

I had a couple at fault accidents…both times my insurance nearly doubled at next renewal. Switching carriers would have been more expensive.

Strangely, or not?, when the 3 year “penalty period” was over, the carrier that paid the claim wouldn’t lower the rate while some, not all, competing firms were 30-50% cheaper. Geico was one of the companies that quoted more…I guess Buffett doesn’t like risky drivers!