Did you just buy a Tesla and get quoted crazy insurance?

Can we start a new thread on Tesla insurance hacks?

I’m paying $1,300/6mo with Tesla Insurance for my '22 MYRL. Recently bought a '23 RAV4. Called Tesla Insurance and the agent said my RAV4 is too new and they don’t have my RAV4 VIN in their database yet (HOW??) so they can’t insure it. Plus, Tesla insurance only provides grace period for newly-purchased Tesla vehicles, so I ended up buying a separate insurance for my RAV4 with Progressive.

Today, I tried to add my move my MYLR to Progressive. Got the quote of $1,811/6mo… :weary:

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 10.25.49 AM

And the problem is???

LOL

FL insurance here…quotes ranged from $7k to $24k a year for 4 cars and 3 drivers🤯

3 Likes

Are these Insurance companies getting Regulated.
The way they increasing premiums on Auto and Home insurance is absurd. Soon it will cost more to insured a car then to pay monthly for car itself.
EV or ICE rates are double in last 6 to 9 months.
I recall old days when people normally buy liability only. Those times cars are not financed or leased.
People own the cars.

1 Like

Not terrible, but is still more than I would anticipate. The :cat: is going to be around $200/mo and that is with higher deductibles. :angry:

1 Like

More than the :cat:

1 Like

Most of my vehicles typically range from $50-$100 for full coverage.

Again, other than the Hellcat. Those have been around long enough to realize the hundreds of accidents, and in recent years the astronomical number of thefts. :sob: The TRX is shockingly low for insure… I’m sure it is because it is a (relatively) brand new trim.

This is with 1k deductible
Hellcat was $120 a month

Are you 18 or what with 200 a month :joy:

My HC is over 200 too with 1k deductible. It must be the region.

3 Likes

:joy: we all know age is just one of the many aspects of insurance. But no, not 18…some days I wish. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I figured it would be the same everywhere

i StIlL WoUldNt LivE iN cALI @zaimer

On my lunch break

3 Likes

Damn your job gives you lunch breaks? Must be a Cali Privilege.

2 Likes

Nah, garaging address can even have serious price variances within the same state.

Looks pretty gray! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’ll be in Maui in a few weeks, so I’ll live vicariously through your photo until then. :cold_face::snowflake:

2 Likes

Should of been more clear

On my paid lunch break *****

You guys can afford food after the Tesla sale?

Only if you factor in 6 year gas savings.

3 Likes

Money Police GIF by waikikipd

1 Like

I’m curious if there are insurers that won’t insure a Tesla at all.

I had Esurance on an older vehicle for about a year, and I switched that car back to the insurer where we have the rest of our policies when I started looking for another car…

Esurance didn’t offer coverage on most of the replacement vehicles I was considering at the time, including the M550 I ended up buying.

Prior to that it never even occurred to me that you can’t get coverage just anywhere on a 5 Series. :roll_eyes:

Side question: has anyone attempted a quote from Progressive or The General on a Flying Spur?

Insurance is one of the most regulated industries and something politicians love to hate

I might add that it’s a tool for finding true market equilibrium , because if someone believes that risk is profitable they will most definitely get into the market and offer it for cheaper

It is going away soon, but if anyone has an inasurance broker see if they can offer State Auto. They are pretty competitave on Tesla Insurance. Safeco bought them out (still one of the better Tesla Insurers) so all of the policies will be moved over to Safeco soon. The rates will be intregrated into Safeco’s regular rates over 4 years. Many markets can no longer offer State auto insurance, but some can.

1 Like