Dealer Wants me to sign new contract

Most toyotas have High RV

I just checked edmunds…looks like that could be correct.

Wait till you see some the MF, I saw a 0.0001

Doesn’t sound right for a Rav.

Looks like the MF they charged was .00145 if my math is correct.

($34,490 + $19870) * .00145 = $78.83 * 36 = $2,837

It’s like 66% on Rav4s on TMCCL.

This is just bewildering me at this point. So I’ve called the dealership 3 times today and each time everyone in finance is busy, I left my info, I even told her, look, I had a problem with my lease and they called me, have someone call me back - nothing back yet.

However, about 5 minutes ago someone calls me from the front office and tells me the green slip is ready to come get it so I can register the car, that sounds awfully strange to me if there’s no lease in tact.

I called Toyota Financial this morning, she said there’s no record of my application in their system at all, so now I’m just completely lost on what is going on. Any thoughts?

why don’t you go the dealer (be ready to leave the dealer without the keys) and get the job done. we can’t tell you anything, all of us are just speculating.

You said in OP that the dealer said to come back and sign a new contract which entails it wasn’t funded and TFS has confirmed it that there is no account on file so chances are that the lease was not funded. You know the person who called you from the dealer so go talk to her, front end and other FI people wont know whats going on in your case.

1 Like

Why do you keep calling them? Just bring the car back.

5 Likes

They will not have a copy of your deal because it has not been funded.

You are not a Toyota Financial customer until they have your paper.

3 Likes

If they are not contacting you anymore, and the deal can’t be processed because of a mistake in the paperwork, what’s the rush?

You did your part, for the moment keep driving the car for free. As long as you have proof that you reached out multiple times to fix the issue, the burden should be on them to straighten this out.

1 Like

Until he doesn’t have valid registration and can’t drive the car anymore.

OP, it’s already been stated a few times to simply go in and drop off the car and keys. You know the right thing to do is to just bring it in because the contract wasn’t financed and it ultimately won’t be your car.

You will most likely get a better answer and resolution than just calling.

Just go in.

3 Likes

I am implying days, not months.

I don’t see why he needs to burden himself in going to the dealer, this is their problem, not his. He has been more than fair in trying to resolve this.

They need his signature, or the car, they should make an effort to get it.

Might something else be going on, such as another captive being involved ? Not sure if it is even possible . Pretty stupid that they are not frantically trying to reach you at the moment.

Because the relationship must end where it began: with the dealer’s car parked in their parking not.

There is nothing to do by phone/fax/text/email: if this deal is being unwound, the car needs to go home - now.

Then call back and set an appointment with him at the very least.

He is going to show up at the dealership, and most likely waste at least an hour of his time, until someone at the dealership figures out what is going on. Then they are going to waste another hour of his time with a pitch on why he has to sign the paperwork.

If anything I would call and email telling them that the car is in my driveway, come pick it up when you want to.

So, based on everyone’s advice, I’m at the stealership as we speak, I walk in and said here’s the keys and they’re like what are you talking about, it’s no problem, we have your deal funded, so here’s your DMV registration paperwork. Have a nice day.

So now I feel like they’ve manipulated something on the back end, but I called Toyota Financial again today and they said nope, no info in the system. I asked her about why that is and she said oh yeah, don’t worry about that, your payment is due on August 2nd, so on August 1st go on and that’s when it’ll let you create your account. That doesn’t seem right to me, I have another car that the payment system was setup within about 7 days, now we’re at 17 days and nothing yet?

Did you sign anything? If you did, well…

What happened to the part where they wanted you to sign a new contract?

I wonder if they forged his signature on the contract. I had a car deal last summer where the paperwork didn’t get filed for like 2 months. Eventually we went looking why we hadn’t got payment info (this was a purchase) and a few days later we get emails from finance. I went and looked at the paper work and they had forged our initials on the first page with all the rates and details. It all totaled out the same in our case so I didn’t press it. I wonder if the same thing happened here? Dealer fudged the numbers to the same payments and forged their initials/signatures to submit. I understand it is a common practice in dealer finance when there is an error in paperwork. I’d take a close look at the copy of the contract they submitted.

3 Likes