Dealer Wants me to sign new contract

What did you pay out of pocket?

Does cap cost Include bank fee, DMV etc?

Still missing some details to provide any advice.

Bring the car back and flip them the double Freedom Fingers on the way out.

5 Likes

Almost $80 per month just for the ā€œprivilegeā€ of renting a mid-grade RAV4 sold above MSRP. Insane! Consider yourself lucky this didnā€™t go through, and seriously, screw this dealership!

5 Likes

You donā€™t need it anyway, but once you said yes the first time, they arenā€™t going to remove it, even to recontract. Unwind this mistake and start over.

1 Like

Are you going to unwind and return the car? Several individuals have already suggested you do that.

1 Like

I did not pay anything out of pocket, the first months payment and any additional fees were about $1200 which they used the $1500 rebate to cover (and subsequently I lost the other $300 in rebates apparently because I canā€™t find it.

I am going to try to have them unwind it.

I tried calling them yesterday but did not answer, left a message and no call back. Theyā€™re closed today, so Iā€™ll try again tomorrow. In the contract it does only give them a 10 day window of recision and we are past that at this point, so Iā€™m curious to see what they do.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

drop it off and donā€™t look back!

3 Likes

You should just physically go and drop it off. Theyā€™ll need the car back.

2 Likes

Any balance of the rebate would show up as a cap cost reduction after paying drive offs/first months payment.

The cap cost reduction is $0, thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying, I canā€™t find the remainder of the rebate that was on it.

Hopefully you can get the upload tool to cooperate for uploading a picture so we can help decode whatā€™s going on in the contract.

Iā€™d put on 1000 miles on it (road trip) and then return it to the dealer.

Let them deal with the miles.

You should bounce and get a better deal like Cody at Tustin Toyotaā€¦

2 Likes

Wow Codyā€™s BUY deal is less than $525ā€¦omg that was a bad deal.

Though Cody only has 1 at that trim at the momentā€¦so it might not fit with Posters needs.

1 Like

We really need to see the contract. Seems like cherry picked numbers were divulged in OPā€™s post.

2 Likes

Return this car and donā€™t talk to this dealer again.

The original deal has not been funded as you had already found out by checking TFS. The dealer only has two options now. Either get the car back or get you to sign a new deal.

You were not happy with how you were handled originally. Communicate this to them and tell them thatā€™s why you wonā€™t be signing a new deal with them.

Make sure to get written confirmation that you dropped off the car. Take a few pics as well.

1 Like

Can you also post the page that shows all the upfronts?

1 Like

Do you know off hand what the June and July mfs were?

RV on a Rav4 is 62% on a 36 month lease? Seems high. OP says MSRP is $30,800 and RV is $19,870 per contract. The MSRP is not on the contract but OP stated in opening remarks that MSRP was $30,800. Does a 62% RV sound right on a Rav4? Iā€™ve never leased one before so I donā€™t know. Just in general it seems high. Or is my math all wrong here?