Dealer Wants me to sign new contract

I didn’t sign it and she said ok, that’s no problem, we got it funded, so not sure exactly. She said the MF had changed and wouldn’t go through, so not sure how suddenly it got funded, guess I’m going to find out in a couple weeks.

1 Like

I hope they did, by the time I’m done with this dealership, it’ll be free.

1 Like

I suspect they forged something, might be helpful to see the lease maturity date on website once connected to see if it matches with what your copy says. I doubt they could back date the contract that far back but if the dates match, they got it pushed through which can happen sometimes too

1 Like

If they got it funded why ask you to sign? I think she’s bluffing - expect a call from the higher up later this week

They can’t change captives without a new contract.

I

1 Like

Absolutely not, I found the info on here about how the deal probably didn’t get funded and that was my out, so I was going to take the chance, but sounds like now they’re doing something behind the scenes. I’ll see here soon I’m sure.

1 Like

michael jackson halloween GIF by Vevo

1 Like

When the loan is active on TFS portal, call TFS and request copies of the lease paperwork to be sent to you.

5 Likes

Something sounds fishy…

1 Like

So, I check first thing this morning and the account is now active on TFS portal. I created my account, my payment is the same as my contract and the date is the same as my contract. It shows under activity that everything was processed yesterday, the 19th. I can’t find a copy of the contract on the portal anywhere, can I only request it by mail? It’s silly how it also doesn’t give a breakdown of depreciation, tax, and rent for each payment online cause that would tell me for sure.

1 Like

Call Toyota financial services or ur lender for copy of contract. They would email or attach it to ur account or something to make it easily available

1 Like

I called TFS and she said they don’t have a copy of the contract on file, so, I guess I’ll be waiting a little bit and trying back, I’ll be sure to add an update once I’m able to get ahold of it from TFS.

Deal hasn’t funded yet, so TFS won’t have it. I think @Benedetto mentioned this

1 Like

How exactly would they have all of the details in their system and I’m able to create an account on TFS if the deal hasn’t funded? It’s showing on TFS as payment being posted yesterday the 19th as the first payment on the account.

About the only clue that I think I could potentially find is the payoff amount online, but I’m not sure how to calculate my payoff amount to see if it would match up. The 10-day payoff is about $400 less than my capitalized cost from my contract.

Well, called TFS this morning and they sent me the filed copy of my contract and it looks like the original, I checked every single number and everything matches exactly. Not sure why they would’ve asked me to come sign a new one unless they somehow managed to get the contract forced through, I just don’t know how all of that works, so sounds like I’m stuck in this thing now :sob:. Lesson learned I guess.

1 Like

And you saw signatures for all of the additional dealer adds/products?

Check EVERY line, a single page ‘replacement’ is easy to do.

Seems like the easiest thing to do here would be to compare the rent charge amounts. If the original claim was that a new contract needed signing because of a change in mf, then a “forged” contract would have a new, different rent charge amount. If they found a way to push it through, the old rent charge, consistent with the original signing, would be found.

3 Likes

That was the first thing I looked at, because I knew they second contract they sent me had a different amount, but it matches the original contract and not the revised one.

Sounds like they found a way to work it out with TFS then

4 Likes

They read LH lol

6 Likes