Dealer going crazy with the Supra mark up lol

The owner isn’t selling it til it hits the floor for promotional value apparently. I’m trying to get details about it

They don’t seem to be selling for much over msrp on eBay. I guess that’s people selling their preorders

1 Like

Ill buy it let it sit for 30 days :slight_smile: for promo

I wonder if dealers will let people test drive it or be like the Nissan dealers that kept the GTR locked even when on the showroom floor they wouldn’t even allow a test drive I kid you not one dealer said buy the car first then test drive it and another said put $10k down and then test drive it never got to drive the GTR :sleepy:

You can test drive it on the way home…

Hold up let me go test drive the Z4 and see if I like it enough to buy the Supra

8 Likes

Somebody paid $2.1 million dollars on the #20201 Supra.

Buy a BMW M2 Competition.

2 Likes

Charitable donation and tax write-off.:+1:

5 Likes

Guy is getting a huge tax deduction for that so no worries. Car isn’t worth anything more than $52,000!!
Let’s stop the hype and move on. It’s just a Toyota.

Don’t you mean just a BMW in a Toyota dress

2 Likes

Lmao no it’s not the same car. Please share what your smoking

Smoking nothing until I jump in the pool but the cars are close sit inside a Supra and it’s like you’re inside a BMW(from review videos. Haven’t gotten in one myself) feel bad for a new sales person at Toyota trying to explain the features on a supra…

1 Like

I’m done, your trying to compare a Z4 with a New Supra and that’s your explanation?
Have a nice weekend

:roll_eyes: umm yes? Nice weekend starting as soon as my pool is cleaned lol

Get a new corvette, forget the bmw supra.

2 Likes

The Z4 and Supra were developed concurrently. Despite Toyota engineers saying they only took the transmission, engine, and chassis from BMW, the Supra looks like it uses BMW infotainment and design elements. Based on initial reviews and deep dives.

A parts catalogue revealed before the launch of Supra gleaned the majority of ancillary parts are sourced from BMW X5, 5-, and 3- series parts bins.

I would say the only thing that makes this Toyota is exterior design, suspension geometry, engine tuning, and overall interior design. Oh, and don’t forget the fan-boy hype. That’s very Toyota.

6 Likes

I believe Doug reviewed it best

https://youtu.be/4oC8cvUb0kI

I had a norcal Honda dealer tell me the same, to buy a Type R and then test drive all I want. With a 5K mark-up

1 Like

It’s a jerkoff response to a generally reasonable request.

1 Like

Of course Florida lol

https://jalopnik.com/heres-a-2020-toyota-supra-marked-up-to-nearly-200-000-1836757761

1 Like