Dealer going crazy with the Supra mark up lol

I think you get arrested for ignoring a summons to appear in court and not for ignoring a debt. We have no debtors prison in the us. I may be wrong but that’s what I remember about that episode. They were claiming people were going to jail for not paying student loans…

Ridiculous…a Honda Junior with a markup.

Nsx seems like a bargain now compare to that weakling Supra.

Or just debadge a z4 and put a Supra and Toyota emblem. Way way cheaper. Lol

1 Like

Yup very familiar but I Doubt it has a clause for MSRP Mark up if that was the case dealer would be dumb to risk their franchise contract for even a $50k mark up

Better yet, Porsche Cayman GTS. More bang for the $$$.

That’s even more effed up than going to Prison for failure to pay Child support.

2 Likes

I think it was probably the court systems quota to fill up the prisons they’ll find any excuse so they won’t have to pay fines to the prison. Yes there are prisons out there that need a certain number of prisoners if the court don’t send enough they can charge the courts a fee welcome to the free world lol

That’s another episode of John Oliver: Private Prisons. :grin:

1 Like

Lol did not know that

But here’s an article that explains it

But it’s not true. They went to jail for ignoring a court summons. Not for their debt…I’m guessing they couldn’t make bail/bond that’s why they actually were locked up.

If they would have showed up to court they wouldn’t have been jailed

Not being able to pay bail and waiting indefinitely for the trial is another effed up thing that effects the poor folk…boy this has derailed from a crazy Supra mark up topic.

3 Likes

Not a fan of deadbeat dads but that’s a pretty effed up deal too. Why not hand down community service instead of jail time.

1 Like

Maybe they can’t pay bail because they overpaid for Supra.

3 Likes

well, then the bail bondsman will take the said Supra in lieu of cash.

Thats a law put in place thanks to a powerful dealer lobby. Its both antiquated and unfair. The auto manufacturers have far more resources and could challenge the law but, choose not to. They could sell direct to consumer via online purchase and some have dabbled with it. Also, manufacturers can put punitive measures in place when they want, to deincentivize dealers from price gouging and massive markups on popular models.

Wouldn’t mind being a bail bondsman in that case

1 Like

Yes. All true. But it is what it is at this moment.

I have access to a Supra special edition…

I don’t know much about them. Maybe i should flip it?

3 Likes

Ill buy it Cash for personal use

1 Like