Dealer going crazy with the Supra mark up lol

As someone who works in child support enforcement, particularly in contempt cases and willful failure to pay I’ll weigh in. Incarceration on child support cases is never punitive, it’s coercive. It’s usually reserved for those who have the means to pay a purge amount to get out of jail. The goal is to get the offender to pay, and in some cases jail is the only way to get some people to pay up. And it’s not always straight time either, weekend incarceration is used a lot so people can keep their jobs, etc. Someone who doesn’t have the means to purge will usually get probation, a job program, etc.

1 Like

So back to supra talk…

Anyone getting these for sticker or below yet? :wink:
Also, Check out the key fob…gonna find out the part number for it and see about doing a razor key conversion on my 440i – It’s black and red.

1 Like

I can get the supra at or below msrp. It’s a yellow one though. Sold the other 2 my dealer got

1 Like

That key is not for the Supra ?? Is it

1 Like

Use CarGurus and you’ll find a few selling them for a few grand under MSRP. Suckers are born everyday who will pay 100k for a 50k car…

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/searchresults.action?sourceContext=homePageNewCarTab_false_0&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d309&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=23320&distance=500&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true

Supra key, but I like it’s colors.

Dude it looks like knock off version of the 5 series key !

The whole car is practically a BMW reskinned, lol.

1 Like

Yeah, this is a car for which I just can’t understand the surrounding hype…It is a nice car yes, but it just doesn’t strike me as a car that a year down the road someone is going to be happy having paid over MSRP for it.

1 Like

Would take a Civic Type R over this any day :smile: At the very least, they built their own car

1 Like

Let’s see do I buy an automatic Supra or a C7 with a manual, for less $$?:grinning:

I’d rather hack out a new Z4.

1 Like

This one actually sold for “only” $100K.

Pretty excited for the twitter post:

Help!!! I paid $173k for my Supra and then lost my job!

8 Likes

Something is worth what someone is willing to pay! If someone will give them that price, more power to them.

hmmm I love this car in yellow but not in market til next year haha

To me it’s worth holdback. C’mon. It’s a Z4 missing the badge that lets people know that the rules don’t apply to you! :rofl:

Brand new supra after 15+ years and a completely hyped car and that’s the key fob they come up with???
Talk about cheap and low budget looking for a car that’s $50k+. Eeeek.

Funny. That’s the exact same style fob for our $45k X1. But it’s a Toyota.

1 Like

It’s a Toyota, cheap maintenance, you just pay the markup upfront. Bimmer breaks a lot, needs a lot of maintenance. Lmao