Dealer fraud....?

I hear that about hookers also.

Similar businesses though.

3 Likes

Dealer shenanigans like this are one more reason to call into question the legitimacy of Infiniti as a luxury brand. Hard to imagine this happening at a Mercedes or BMW dealer, but perhaps I am just naive or lucky.

Just go to the DMV and tell them your plates are stolen. Pay $20 to replace them and you are good to go!

1 Like

both…naive abnd lucky

1 Like

OP i am little confused here, did you sign the correct contract and they entered wrong information into the system after? or you signed the incorrect contract from the beginning?

We signed the correct contract, everything on the contract was perfect and they “entered it in wrong” after.

Hmm. That sounds like full fledged fraud then… Because you don’t “enter” a contract. Dealer sends it to the bank and the bank processes it. It is possible that someone at the dealer actually forged a contract (I have heard of it happening). Maybe you should get a lawyer (although I don’t know what your damages would be since they fixed it).

Thats why i asked OP which brings me to another question, how is this even possible with E signatures these days to change the information after the signature part? Unless the dealer still uses carbon copy contracts.

1 Like

The dealer used the carbon copy contracts on my deal.

Obviously pay them for two months but i definitelly can see where youre comming from as being bitter about the whole experience. One of my worst and best experience was with Infiniti dealers so I guess I am not suprised by what you went through.

what is wrong with this guy? you should just pay them. they won’t do anything with your plates. no use for them. gosh.

I just came to a realization… The dealership did try to perform fraud 100%. I dont know why it took my this long to put the pieces together. The original copy i signed was the correct version. When i saw the information on the the customer portal, it was incorrect. I called and they claimed they no longer had the original contact on their property, therefore needed me to sign a new copy of the contract. They mailed me a new contract with the same terms as the previous one.

Essentially, they forged the first copy i signed. I noticed the fraud, they had no original contract to resubmit to the bank so they sent me a new contract for me to send.

Props to them.

All that over few $$? I doubt it OP, to me it seems like stupid error made by a careless finance guy.

No, the fraud part was the contract they messed up that i caught. The “messed up” terms were $17 up on the payment and 5k less miles a year. In my head, thats what I think they were trying to get away with.

Then what’s the issue or the whole purpose of this rant? This doesn’t add up.

How can the contract be correct then as noted above? They input that in front of you, and it results in the contract you sign.

Then you signed a copy of the original contract that you just indicated was correct?

How exactly did you jump to this conclusion?

I think you’re making a mountain out of a mole hill here. 17 bucks as you claimed above was incorrect, multipled by 39 months…663 bucks. Do you really think the dealer would commit fraud, risk his license and potentially go to prison for 663 bucks? Nothing in this story makes sense.

The dealer has no win or loss on your miles. Any excess mile charges would go to NMAC, not the dealer.

1 Like

The original contract terms where the terms me and the dealer agreed on and the terms i signed for. When i went to make my first payment, i noticed the terms were all wrong. 10k miles vs 15k . $450 vs $430 monthly. How were they able to ALL the correct information in except the mileage and monthly? Regardless, when i told them, they had me re-sign a new contract with the same terms as the first one because they claimed they no longer had the original. My assumption is they forged something with the first one to where they couldnt resubmit it or reuse it for whatever reason.

The reason why they did it you ask… I dont know, perhaps it was a mistake or perhaps theyre really trying to push for every penny they could get.

It sounds like it was “fraud” about a week or two ago…

But now… it’s been fixed.

Since you caught them I would write a review on Yelp to watch out.

You definitely deserve new floor mats

They would probably give him free mats, but will make him work for it. 6 hour drive, an “accidental” dent, plus a slashed tire to top it all off.

this guy is just wow… dealerships would be fool enough to think that the customer wouldn’t notice the payment difference when they receive a bill ? wow…