Dealer fraud....?

I had a previous infiniti, and used the pull ahead to get a new one. The new contract was submitted incorrectly and it took them 3 months to resolve it. Therefore, the first 2 payments were required to open up the backdated contract in which the dealer made right away. The only thing thats missing is my plates now, which they refuse to send out until i make a payment which is unreasonable considering i would have got them before my first payment hit. I have no problem making the payments when everything is resolved.

I do want to, but i have been on the dealers ass for 3 months over a number of things that went wrong with the deal and a number of things they tried to screw me over with once i left the dealership. Why should i give them what they want once they finally resolve a part of the issue 3 months later? They told me not to make any payments until they resolved the issue, as did IFS. I don’t see how im being unreasonable.

Normally, the first payment is made before receiving plates. Withholding payment for other contract issues was understandable. Withholding payment for getting the plates first, is not. This thread should be closed. My ten cents.

I’m not going to do anything to change your mind, you don’t want to do the right thing and honestly that’s my problem. However, don’t start complaining when they take you to court or repossess your car for not making your payments. Like I said, if you didn’t make the payments, I wouldn’t hand over the plates. They have no reason to give you the plates if you didn’t make your payments.

So you respond by trying to screw them over? This is why there are surveys and reviews, if you are extremely dissatisfied with their service write a bad review.

Keep telling yourself this, like you said you don’t care about burned bridges. I can almost guarantee if they give you the plates you won’t pay them. If you want to be able to drive your car I’d suggest paying them, they have a lot more power in this situation than you think, and plus they are in the right you are the one that hasn’t paid your bills. If you don’t pay them you won’t be able to drive your car due to expired tags, it may get repossessed, or they can take you to court. The fact of the matter is, you signed a contract to make payments that you haven’t made.

1 Like

I do want to do the right thing, but given everything that has already happened with the amount of delays and the amount of other problems with the lease, I don’t trust that they’ll even send the plates.

The dealer paid the bank the first 2 payments, i paid the third, i owe IFS nothing until 4/1. Everything has been paid completely from me and the dealer. I owe the dealer $, they owe me plates. If they were local, this would be easy. I agreed to pay the $ when they sent the plates, initially they agreed to this. Last night, the finance manager at the dealership texted me, i ended up calling, and then he hung up on me. I sent out an email this morning saying that they can send it to a local dealership and i can either pay them or they can withhold the plates there until i pay them remotely. I’m not being selfish here, I’ve just had enough. I truly believe i have worked harder at resolving this issue than the dealership did. Nothing got rolling until I had to push and push with x amount of emails and x amount of calls to the dealership & IFS and I dont have patience for that anymore.

I’ve given them options to either send the plates with a bill, send it to a local infiniti, send me the plates and just await the payment, and im open to any other fair method they propose but i’m not going to make the payment and wait another month for my plates just like they did with everything else. that is my issue.

In what world do you receive a good before making payment? It happens at the same time or after. If you want to make sure everything goes okay, go to the dealership. The problem is – you don’t want to pay, you just said you are up to date with IFS. They are 100% in bounds to withhold your plates, so don’t think you are in a position to “force” them to do anything. I think this thread should be closed, stop bothering people about you trying to get out of paying a dealer

2 Likes

Put the payment on a credit card…if you don’t have the plates in hand within a week, dispute the charge on your card. You owe them $$$. I’d pay them soon before they take legal action.

4 Likes

I say pay it… looks like they goofed up.

I would kinda ask for a All-season floor mat for this mess… if not just give them a bad review…

If you don’t have the plates, it’ll become a bigger mess later. Just pay it.

1 Like

I agree with mp11477. Put the payment on a card and be done with it. You’ll get the plates…

1 Like

@otto, you are being wholly unreasonable here. Everything is now worked out. Pay what you owe and move on. They’ll send your plates. Get it in writing that plates will be mailed promptly upon payment and charge it to your credit card. If I were dealer, I would be tired of you at this point and do my worst. Be a grown up and pay your bills.

3 Likes

I’d find an attorney that has brought a lawsuit against them in the past and won. They didn’t GOOF UP. They tried to dick you over by jicking the mileage and the payment. It happens quite routinely. If you have a signed contract copy that shows otherwise, you could get financial relief in excess of the 2 pmts.
Get a lawyer

1 Like

You’re going to bring a lawsuit over 2 payments? You’ll pay more in legal fees than it’s worth. Waste of time and money.

4 Likes

Just received an update. The dealership owner contacted me via email. Plans on sending the plates today and expects the payments once delivered.

Perhaps i explained the situation in a complex or wrong way. The dealer was 100% at fault from day one, and took 3 months to resolve the situation. I understood i couldve been compliant but why would i be complaint with a dealership who ignored me for the duration of the 3 months and only contacted me when they had to fix their mistake and needed the money they had to pay to re-open the contract.

They tried to pull a quick one on me, got caught, and ignored me for the 3 months it took them to fix the mistake. Once they finally fixed it, they contact me demanding their money. You guys would all feel some type of way if you were treated by a dealership like this. I understand mistakes happen, but they didnt handle any of it the correct way and i believe this is due to them knowing I am young and came from out of state to get the car.

2 Likes

YES! You’re only looking at the the 2 months. It’s WAY more than that! It’s FRAUD! Short sighted!
Dealers are NOT your friends. They don’t REALLY care about you. Just selling cars. It’s like selling hamburgers to them. YOU get emotional about it–how it looks how it smells etc. THEY DONT CARE about any of that. They are numb to that. Sure, some sales people are enthusiasts and love to impart their knowledge, but that is rare. In the end, they are not going to be doing that for free. It’s about $ and they want as little going out as possible. SOME even are fraudulent and have been disciplined by attorney generals in EVERY state of the country.

There are 3 sides to the story…his, the dealer’s and usually the truth somewhere in the middle. You only know 1 side of the equation. Suggesting a lawsuit and assuming a win is ridiculous.

8 Likes

I have no reason to lie especially on this forum in which i was seeking help for, regardless, a lawsuit inst necessary for such a small amount.

I love that everyone is a lawyer when hiding behind a screen…

@Otto, no one is saying you’re lying, but the reality is there is another side to this story that we don’t have. Based on the information you have provided to us, the consensus seems to be that you owe them this money.

Regardless, glad this is getting worked out.

1 Like

That’s what you think, but if you keep reporting them to Infiniti they may be triggered to take you to small claims court.

1 Like

I agree, but i haven’t reported them once. I helped them resolve the issue they shoudlve resolved by getting IFS involved from my end.

So, did you make the payment? This thread was a fun read. I don’t know why no one mentioned this but they could not hold your plates indefinitely. Everyone was so hung up n the fact that you should make the payment. The plates are between you and the DMV. The dealer is just the intermediary. And to answer your original question of do you “have to” make payments, not whether you should, the answer is yes. You have to. You signed a contract, they made the payment to the lender on your behalf, you owned the car, you owe the money. Period. They could have eventually taken you to small claims and you would have lost. Regardless of whose fault it was and how many times they screwed up. To everyone else’s point, you also “should” pay the money. It is the right thing to do. If they rectified everything else except for the plates pay em, even before you get the plates. Because they can’t hold them forever. The way you were acting (whether right or wrong) it was the only leverage they had which is why they did what they did. In your eyes, holding the payment was also the only leverage so it was just a situation of two stubborn parties meeting.

Pay 'em. And next time READ YOUR CONTRACT (that goes for everybody reading). In the end you share some responsibility for not doing so. Unless they committed 100% fraud and sent a different contract than the one you signed to the bank, that part is on you. You would have noticed the mileage change and the payment change. READ YOUR CONTRACT.