Dealer decals and plate frames

I know I don’t get it. We are fortunate to not need one it kills the look of the front end of cars. And then people add one or let the dealer do so. Off lease man those guys are terrible. Just about every car they sell has been in an accident. They don’t hide it they post the carfax. I don’t know how they sell so many cars I guess people don’t check or don’t care.

Now if my dealer plate frames said BMW OF BEVERLY HILLS or MASERATI FERRARI NEWPORT BEACH you better believe I’m leaving them on :grin:

2 Likes

I’d consider that but no way am I putting a front plate on my car and drill holes in bumper. I’d rather pay the fix it ticket and at least with BMW I can buy tow hook LP bracket if it gets bad enough.

1 Like

What about Scion of Boca Raton? :palm_tree:

2 Likes

Kia of Paterson NJ

3 Likes

I live in California, so the cars already come drilled from the dealership. Might as well have a front plate, especially since I have vanity plates.

At least at the chain of dealers I do most business with they do not drill and install front unless asked by the customer.

You went to school in Pgh. Eagles are the 2nd rate team :slight_smile:

Just think how impressed the neighbors will be with that !

6 Likes

Infiniti of Manhattan

2 Likes

That would be a hilarious juxtaposition. If I had a junker I’d have to find the most pretentious license plate frame to slap on it

Actually saw a beat up Honda this morning on my way to work that had a “BMW of Beverly Hills” license plate frame. They exist!! Tried to take a picture but wasn’t able to stop haha

1 Like

Mmmm. No. Not when said person grew up in eastern PA.

I am late to the party but I definitely agree that dealer stickers are a big no.

For me, it also depends on the design of the attached thing itself, decal, badge or plate frame. Some have rather inconspicuous things that kind of blends with the overall design, some are just jarring and clash with the rest of the car color and design. :puke:

I have one of each, I don’t care enough about my 2 year old car. my 1 week old car has an ugly badge that clashes, heat gun time.

We have RICK CASE in Florida and i remeber on one of my older cars it came with that silver alphabetical sricker. I enjoyed chopping it up and changing it to SICK RACE :joy:

3 Likes

Hah. Funny, because I was thinking about Rick Case when I was out to dinner with my parents. They added a new line on the one I saw: “Florida’s largest dealer!”

SACK RICE…

1 Like

Best to take it off in the first few days, or else the Florida sun bakes it in to the paint !

I will never buy a car with a bracket or holes drilled into the bumper. I don’t care about the stupid front plate laws and will never mount one unless it’s a beater