Dealer decals and plate frames

Agreed, and if there was another dealership that was a scintilla near convenient, I would do that, but they’re not. It’s also not like I have a parking lot at work and can do pick up/drop off or anything. I pay in a garage for the time I’m there. It is what it is - convenient.

1 Like

Cooooool Runnings.

1 Like

My service broke the rear wiper arm in the carwash and installed it at around 15° and also forgot to do tire rotation. I couldn’t really burn them, but told the GM that his service department sucks lol

3 Likes

Haha at my old store they did this to customers that came in for free car washes. Store paid the porters $1 for every one they changed :grimacing:

2 Likes

How is this a thing!?

1 Like

I’ve had dealers ask me if I wanted them to replace the plate frame and I politely declined. Turned out to be a mistake since I believe NJ dealers use frames that comply with NJ laws, while the NY dealer I went to had too much of a border and I got a ticket for it once.

I would lose my gasket if someone changed out my simple black frame for a dealer one.
I have no idea why people drive around with dealer decals + dealer frames. So tacky! Frames I understand, but decals!?!?
Saw a new benz in the work parking lot that had “SEWELL” right above the “GLC 300”. I think the SEWELL is bigger than the model name. When i bought an altima for my sister, I had them remove the dealer name. It was one of those sticky ones. They claimed it would damage the paint. I told them they will need to fix the paint if it does.

2 Likes

Luckily, I don’t go in just for free car washes. They also tend to miss some things when they do wash it there, but it is better than nothing when it is dirty and the car has been in for service.

I actually put a ceramic coating on the 2019, so it looks decent, even when it is dirty!

My point was that it didn’t just annoy me, but they had the gall to put it as a line item on the ticket!

1 Like

I realize that I am a judgy bitch but I always think the person driving the car in front is a total moron when I see this badge on the back of their car…

3 Likes

I have a Sports frame around my plate. I’ve had dealers ask if they could remove and put on their plate frame instead while in for service.

Gee, Mr. Service Advisor, let me ponder that for a few…

1 Like

Nothing beats this one

3 Likes

Would anyone here mind a Leasehackr sticker on their cars instead? :thinking::grin:

9 Likes

I’ll go out on a limb here and take a guess this was Karp Volvo in RvC.

That or Drivetime.

1 Like

I definitely have a distaste for any dealer sponsored plate surrounds, they’re not paying me to advertise for them. I hate when dealers put a badge or sticker advertising their dealership on the car even more!

So funny

I could care less

If I don’t like it, take out the hair dryer and remove it

Whatevs

Note to self-

Print bostoncarconcierge stickers

5 Likes

I hate all branding. You think you hate the front license plate. What about here in Florida where we don’t use a front plate and some dealers will still put on a blank plate with their branding!

I’d happily put Leasehackr frames on my car. Except on the Viggen - that rocks the Philadelphia Eagles plate frame proudly.

2 Likes

There are so many cars in Florida that have not just dealership brackets, but third party ones, too. I’m in a parking lot at the post offices in Plantation, and almost every car has one. I saw a few Off-lease Only ones today alone.

Yeah that’s annoying too.