Dealer canceled my order, broker ghosted me and is not refunding fee

I been working with this broker too, I had an accident in my current vehicle while waiting. Emailed back about status on my vehicle weeks ago and again 4 days ago. Still no reply. Now there is a stop sale on car, I’m not sure what to do. I already paid broker fee and put down deposit a month ago. I can’t get her to reply.

11 Likes

Getting made whole shouldn’t scare people off from leaving an honest review though.

7 Likes

I am amazed at the lengths folks will go through to defend this broker. Logic dictates that if there was any legitimate explanation to the 3-4 similar complaints the broker would respond in the respective threads. Certainly if the complaints were fabricated. This leads me to ask, what interest do you have in defending the broker. Makes no sense.

3 Likes

You must have mistakenly replied to me since I made no defense of either party. I merely suggested we don’t know everything yet; however, many folks seem to have already chosen a side. Maybe the other party is still gathering information before responding prematurely. We have no idea. It has been a whole 19 hours. I, for one, am withholding judgement for now.

1 Like

Get this broker off the site. This is already the second (or third) occurrence.

What refund process? All she has to do is venmo the money back. What a bunch of BS

6 Likes

That dealer may not honor the discount that was advertised originally, this happened to me.

2 Likes

I think what a lot of people are alluding to is that there is another individual who controls the company that needs to come forward and fix this.

Accountability is crucially important.

5 Likes

It was not an error. This has happened before with no reply by the crook. Explain the other instances? You sound silly defending her after all this. Only logical explanation is you have a vested interest.

2 Likes

That type of logic would work on the first occurrence. We have multiple occurrences with more people joining in. Because of your TH tag, it could be assumed that you saw all of the prior threads and are fully aware that this is not an isolated incident, therefore the stance of “it has been a whole 19 hours” and “withholding judgement”, could be construed as a implied defense.

Then Ashleigh (sp?) needs to come out and say that don’t you think? And if that’s truly is the case then the account truly needs to be suspended and everyone who’s waiting on refunds should be provided the name of the person who “controls” the funds. IMHO doesn’t even have to be public, as long as the actions are confirmed by site ownership.

5 Likes

As usual HD908 has nothing constructive to add and just wants to fight… everyone.

20 Likes

She’s not a crook. Read the post above yours. And no, I’m not defending her and I think she should come clean. Withhold your judgment until you know the facts, as @Qbrozen did.

4 Likes

Thanks for quoting me - I was confused and thought that OP was talking about a different broker. I had a similar experience on another platform with no response and thought I can also find the broker here.

1 Like

OP - I’m glad you were able to get your refund from the broker and all (I think? Still not sure what the difference is between starting the refund process and actually getting your refund as it takes less than 10 seconds between the two, but okay). However, given you started this thread and posted two very different comments about the situation in less than a 10-hour period, I think it would be nice for you to provide some more context so people don’t make assumptions about what actually happened. Some clarity is much needed. Otherwise this will continue to occur with the next customer, causing another thread like this to be created, and keeping the LH community in the dark. After all, that is the only way

7 Likes

Damn, we’re running out of popcorn

7 Likes

Why would she this time when she just ignore the thread last time and there were no repercussions?

This isn’t a dispute that falls in the gray area where the broker and customer are pointing fingers and both have valid points. Seems pretty black and white that the car wasn’t delivered, the deal was cancelled as acknowledged by the dealer, and a refund is required. There is no legitimate excuse to not refund someone weeks and months later so not sure what their side of the story will provide. I would assume it’s not something nefarious, probably a cash flow issue, but not an acceptable way to run any business especially while continuing to solicit and accept more business.

It appears there are 5 or so current incidents like this we know of and we have no idea how much more deposits are being held. Ignoring it and hoping buried reviews will solve it doesn’t seem to be enough as it can be very detrimental to the LH community since trust oddly has never been a real issue with complete internet strangers up until now.

Coming clean would be acknowledging how many similar situations are still out there that need to rectified and ensure they are there addressed to stay in good standing on the site vs. requiring people to start a new post as a last resort.

10 Likes

I posit: she doesn’t control the funds she solicits and then collects, so she can’t refund them without another party’s involvement. This would make sense, she has been a valuable member of this community and as much as one can tell from these online types of spaces, seems like a good person and not malicious.

So, who does control the DMV Leasing, LLC funds? I have a hunch, but it’s not quite a Goliath story I’m afraid.

4 Likes

Whether she “controls the funds” or not, ghosting a refund request for TWO MONTHS until called out is absolutely ridiculous. That she’s done this time and time again without any sort of ramifications is asinine. Once is an accident, multiple times is a pattern. It’s either nefarious or incompetent, neither of which should be supported by this site.

17 Likes

The broker asked that I confirm the refund method and I replied to their email late last night. I think it is only fair to give them a little time to read the email, and initiate the refund. I stand by my previous statements, nothing that I have learned since then has changed my opinion or justified the experience.

I believe accountability is important, but I don’t think personal attacks are productive and I think it is up to the admins to figure out the best course of action from here.

Also, just for a point of clarity I hadn’t heard from the broker in two months, only found out that the deal was off by reaching out to the dealership. I explicity asked for a refund from the broker about 2 weeks ago.

11 Likes

It shouldn’t have taken you to making a thread where entire site is agreeing with you to get your refund back as soon as possible.

It’s simply a click away. How long has it been since u first made ur request for refund? Does it seem valid ? How they ghosted you and all.

Just because you receive the refund at the very end after making a big fuss doesn’t mean all’s forgotten.

Since it seems like you’re perhaps the fourth or fifth person this happened to.

It should have been a far seamless process.

This is just about maintaining fair and ethical standards so that LH continues to be a great flourishing community.

3 Likes

Good thing you don’t work in law. That would be a piss poor defense on my part.

Anyway, if you are aware of the previous thread, then you are aware that person was refunded in 1 day after posting. This OP was contacted within 11 hours.

Is silence golden? No, I don’t think so. But, yes, I still would prefer knowing and hearing all sides before sending someone to the gallows. As I already said, all of this could very well be true and there is extremely poor customer service happening here. I won’t utilize their services. Neither should you. Is the person a “thief” and should be banned? That has yet to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, so I don’t think the punishment can be handed down at this point. I’m sorry if the pitchfork bearers are not pleased that not everyone is clamoring for blood so easily. Some folks do like to see a fair trial.

2 Likes