Deal check: Volvo XC90 T8 - 6 Seat

Hi All- Hoping for a deal check for a T8 XC90 6 Seat. I’m in PA so taxes are a killer. I have Aplan, Costco, and Loyalty, don’t think there is anything for Costco at the moment. Ideally wanted to lease for 36 months but seems the rate is better for 24 months, hoping for some feedback on the deal please. Thank you!

Isnt costco anywhere from 1500 to 2k? If theres no costco right now I’d wait…

1 Like

It’s the MF that’s the killer, not your taxes.

Rebates being untaxed, 9% monthly tax on a lease or 6% tax on a purchase and no PPT is a relatively favorable structure.

Not sure why you picked the XC90 though.

1 Like

I’d wait to see if the MF goes down next month.

2 Likes

Yeah the MF is wild.

Regarding XC90 - My wife has had two of them, her current lease due later this year, and wants another one. Her commute is <30 miles a day, so feels like she’d be a good candidate for the plug in hybrid. I’m not ready to do full EV.

When you talked to the Volvo dealer, what was the offer you made for the new car you desire?

Said I wanted 10-12% off MSRP (Was trying to be reasonable), No marked up MF, either 24/10 or 36/10, whichever provided better value. The % off MSRP i haven’t negotiated hard on yet. Also waiting to hear if they give me any credit on my trade in.

5-8% is a good deal
8-12 is a great deal
14-15% thats a unicorn deal

1 Like

What would a good money factor be? I think they’re at I saw latest they’re at .00431

.00369 is what I would have a 6pass t8 plus

1 Like

Not sure how you’d benefit from continuing this cycle at these prices.

You’d spend easily over $60,000 over six years and have $0 equity at the end.

Bud leave him alone. He found the vehicle he wants, he wants to lease and is just looking to get the best deal possible.

Go push your “everyone should do the cheapest” thing to the Mitsubishi mirage forum it belongs on…

2 Likes

If there’s one thing I’ve learned about the newer Volvo’s is that any equity will most likely be at trade-in which after 6 years won’t be much. For various reasons, people are not really buying used Volvos in private market (meaning outside of dealerships).

No? The trade-in value of a 2018 XC90 T8 MOM in very good condition with 60k miles is $28-31,000.

And that’s all equity after paying off the note in 60-72 months.

1 Like

Is that KBB/Edmunds or a real quote? My 2020 XC90 T6 Momentum with addons and 50K miles got highest offer of $28,600 from Carvana. Don’t recall Carmax but it was lower as was a local dealer. Dealer even told me to try Carvana/Carmax rather than them. I know it’s not a T8 but close enough for comparison.

Also, it’s not equity if the car is underwater on the loan which is what’s happening with Volvos due to depreciation hitting them hard (and lack of demand in private market as I mentioned in previous post).

Updated calculator - not sure if I go with this or wait to see if Costco gets added in the next month or two, I have time, would appreciate your feedback.

If youre going to make an offer, dont make an ambiguous offer like this. Be specific about exactly what you want. You should know what term gives the best value, what the lease price is at buy rate (so you need to know buyrate), etc.

If you make ambiguous offers, the dealer is always going to act in their favor.

Costco usually/often hits in May, so if you can wait, I would.

2 Likes

What do you mean that Costco usually hits in May? Thank you for your help!

Costco usually has the Volvo incentive in May. It happened in 2019, 2020, pretty sure last year, and I think in the intervening years too, if I remember. - except for 2022. If you search here, you’ll see a bunch of posts from each time it started.